Latest Resource Version

cliff

Wish our libraries were a little smarter in handling available revs and distinguishing resources that no longer carry certain modules to ensure those are preserved in our libraries (i.e. Peter O'Brien's Pillar Commentary on Ephesians).  I have multiple revs of different resources where it's difficult to decipher the latest rev.  Plus, I am not guaranteed if a certain resource is replaced by another author's commentary or omitted.  I don't know what this would look like, but ideally Accordance Software would handle it without burdening the user.  The next level of user intervention could be as simple as running the user through prompts (similar to MS autosave) to determine what version the user wants to keep with the deltas noted.

Edited by cliff
  • Like 2

I think we allow you to keep all versions of modules since we don’t want to “remove” anything from your library that you don’t own. If there are particular modules you’re not sure which versions you need to keep, Customer Service or asking here should get an answer to your question. 

A nuclear option I did once was I deleted all “duplicate” versions of modules in my library, then opened Easy Install to see what I was “missing”. Anything superseded was already hidden, and it only showed me module options I needed to download/install.