Text display bug in Accordance 14.0.5

Michael J. Bolesta

On Hebrew texts, I like the font size large, also increasing the reference size as well. The latter option is grayed out and inaccessible in Accordance 14.0.5

Anyone else seeing this? 

@Nathan Parker please add to the bug list.

Accordance for Mac 14.0.5, [Mac OS 13.3.1 (a) 2021 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro M1 16 GB]

Screenshot2023-05-14at12_29_04PM.thumb.png.3ee931cc0573f342818b7f24fab76c74.png

I think I filed a similar bug report to this, but I’ll show it to the teams to ensure we get all the details.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

On Hebrew texts, I like the font size large, also increasing the reference size as well. The latter option is grayed out and inaccessible in Accordance 14.0.5

Anyone else seeing this?

Accordance for Mac 14.0.5, [Mac OS 13.3.1 (a) 2021 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro M1 16 GB]

Michael

I'm not seeing this issue on Mac OS 12.6.5 for the current Accordance 14.0.5 release. 

• Thanks 1

@Michael J. Bolesta Have you unchecked use English Book Names in the advanced area?

This appears to be causing the reference preferences issue on my Windows 14.05 version.

Unfortunately, once unchecked it cannot be undone!

image.png.8d89447ab65160c74e2a44fbbec53e07.png

@Gary Raynor

Have you tried closing the Set Text Display dialog box and then reopening it?  It seems to default back to the Use English book names with a check mark.

@Michael J. BolestaYes thanks I have tried closing and reloading (both OK and Cancel) the issue remains.

Fortunately, I did not set unchecked Use English Books as the default either globally or per text.

Which means that in order edit reference preferences and still see original language book name references I can do the following:

1 change to another Display Text (e.g., ETBC) and then back to the previous Display Text (e.g., HMT-W4)

2. set the reference text size and font

3. uncheck the Use English

4. Press OK but not Use as Default

• Thanks 1