Save Time on Launch

Helen Brown

I keep running into Accordance users who still wait for the opening splash screen and default text copyright information to appear every time they start up Accordance. Did you know you could turn those off and dramatically reduce the time it takes for Accordance to launch?

Here's how: In the general pane of the Preferences dialog box, check the two checkboxes labeled "Suppress opening splash screen" and "Suppress opening text information."

Doing this cut four seconds off the launch time of Accordance on my G3 PowerBook, not to mention the time it takes to load each new module you open.

Another tip in 6.3 and up is to set the Default startup (in the same Preferences pane) to Last Session so your windows come back exactly as you left them, and you can go on with your studies where you left off.

• Like 1

This is great. I always run my Greek module with the KJVS side by side and alway have to reload it at startup. Thanks

Thanks for that tip. I was one who waited and waited. The only thing that I noticed was that when I open my workspace and I am working along......about two minutes or so later......the King James Version opens up even thought I am not working in it at all. All the right buttons are off and all the right Bibles I am using are in set in the defaults......and yet it keeps doing it only once when you have started using Accordance. I finally decided to add it to my workspace just to get it to quit doing it. Not a big deal but thought I would let you know.

Thanks for a great product. Us Mac users don't get these kinds of programs often.

Roger

This tip on the "last session" is so fantastic. I made a special pane that I saved. I open two of them so I can do my BSF lessons with multiple versions and panes to look up other verses. Now I can go back and it is all there! I already love this board!

Linda

• 7 years later...

HI,

Speaking of time, is there any way to have automatically opened an English version as a parallel text added to the main default search tab?

That could be convenient.

Yohanan

This should be no problem! Just set up your workspace however you like it (whatever main search tabs, whatever parallel texts, linked as you like it), then go to Preferences -> General, and look at the Startup area. You'll want the popup menu set to Default session, and you'll want to click the button "Set Default Session" to save whatever your current session is as your starting point.

Thanks Joel! This is good. I can even have the Instant detail open from the start and I I remain free to give any ref I want. This is truly good.

Yours,

Yohanan