Ancient Near Eastern Texts Relating to the Old Testament with Supplement

David Padfield

Edited by James B. Pritchard (Princeton University Press / 1969 / Hardcover).

I have a hardback copy, as well as a PDF I downloaded from archive.org (they all have several other formats available). One of your competitors has been selling this for a long time — I sure would like to have it in Accordance (especially since so many Accordance modules quote from it).

• Like 2

Thanks! I’ll add this one to my list.

• Like 1

There have been multiple threads asking for this in the past. This is the most recent, and links to four previous threads: 

Context of Scripture is available for Accordance, and was intended to replace ANET. People debate whether or not it completely replaces it, but it is a larger and more recent collection of texts that includes most of those in ANET.

The main obstacle to getting ANET in Accordance is the apparent lack of an etext available from the publisher.

• Like 3

Thanks for linking to that thread! I updated the list of users interested in it.

• Thanks 1

Hi @Nathan Parker,

Thanks for making sure it is on the list. I also just wanted to mention quick, that I hope you are aware that that is not the only thread, and ANET has been requested by a lot of people on multiple occasions. I have numerous resources in Accordance which repeatedly tell me to go to some page in ANET, and it would be really helpful to be able to do so.

Kristin

• Like 3

Thanks! If you see any other threads on here requesting it, send me the links. I’m trying to keep track of the number of customers interested in each module. That way we know which module licenses/development to prioritize. The higher the number of people interested, the quicker we’re going to look into getting it into production. I’ve started a new list of all of the requests since 2023, and other users have shown me past stuff to add to the list.

• Like 3

Hi @Nathan Parker I've requested ANET for years (am pretty sure Logos has it and I know that there is an electronic text available) - it complements CoS but is definitely not made redundant by CoS - I think it is probably the most important omission in Accordance now (from a scholarly perspective at least)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! If you see any other threads on here requesting it, send me the links. I’m trying to keep track of the number of customers interested in each module. That way we know which module licenses/development to prioritize. The higher the number of people interested, the quicker we’re going to look into getting it into production. I’ve started a new list of all of the requests since 2023, and other users have shown me past stuff to add to the list.

In my post that @jlm so kindly shared, I linked all existing discussions at the time, so you should be able to use that as a "hub."

• Like 2

Perfect. Thanks!