Move Newly Downloaded Modules Out of Texts into Tools

Louis Lapides

I’m using Accordance 14 on a Mac running macOS 13. I recently purchased the Ecclesiastical History of Eusebius (Greek and English). Accordance categorized this module as a Text. I want to place it in Tools in the History category instead of under the Text category. Can it be done?

Also, it would be great if Accordance would no longer use the drag and drop technique for moving modules. It is often inconsistent. How about using a right click on the module with a dropdown menu giving the user a list of choices where they would like the module to be moved? 

• Like 1

• Louis Lapides changed the title to Move Newly Downloaded Modules Out of Texts into Tools

Hi @Louis Lapides,

The only way I can think to move Eusebius would be to try to drag and drop the module to Tools in the Library. I think that should work, just make sure the module is not open when you do it.

I agree completely with your suggestion about the dropdown menu. I also find the drag and drop method difficult to maneuver, as it often requires collapsing everything in the library to even make it practical.

Kristin

• Like 1

@Kristin I tried dragging Eusebius out of Texts into Tools, specifically the History folder. Accordance did not respond by highlighting the History folder when I moved Eusebius over it. 

Edited by Louis Lapides

One other thing. I know on iOS one cannot move Modules out of Texts into Tools. We are waiting for an upgrade to fix that. But I believed on the desktop version of Accordance, this was not a problem. 

I’m not sure that texts on desktop can be moved into tools. I can double check with support and find out, but I believe texts and tools are categorized differently in Accordance.

• Like 1

Hi @Louis Lapides,

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. I didn't realize there where limits to where things can be moved.

@Nathan Parker,

I am just now seeing your response as I am typing this. I was actually thinking about the category as well, since Tools and Texts are handled differently by the program, maybe it would get confused if the two got mixed. So perhaps the limits are for functional purposes. Either way, if you could report the request Louis had about there being a dropdown menu to move items, that would be helpful, as the drag and drop method only sort of works.

Kristin

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Louis Lapides said:

I know on iOS one cannot move Modules out of Texts into Tools. We are waiting for an upgrade to fix that.

I think we are waiting (or may already have it in the latest upgrade) to be able to organise tools by changing the order or moving between category folders within tools in your library which is what has recently been causing issues.

but i dont believe its ever been suggested to be able to move texts to tools for the reasons nathan has said so you are probably in for a very very very long wait.

• Like 1

I’ll add a feedback request about a drop-down menu for moving modules between categories.

Texts and Tools are two completely different types of Accordance module formats. There isn’t a way to move a Text to a Tool category, since how one interacts with Texts is different than how one interacts with Tools.

• Like 1