Custom URL Scheme - 3.4.0

jrkleberg

I am having trouble with the Reading Plan app since upgrading to 3.4.0 with its new linking scheme.  Could you please update your documentation on this so that other apps can adjust?

Thank you!

Jim Kleberg

Can you better elaborate on your issue? I’m trying to get a better understanding of what you need assistance with.

I use the app called "Reading Plan".  It has a number of calendar options and then allows you to customize it so it links to the Bible software of your choice.  So each day, you are presented with a number of scripture passages and you select the one you want to read.  The app then links to your Bible software with the version and verse range -- then in my case Accordance launches it for me.  

Since going to 3.4.0, it does not work correctly.  It will just launch the last place I had been reading on my own.

Thanks for the followup. I don’t have that Reading Plan app on my systems, so I’m not sure about this one. You could try emailing Tech Support, but they probably don’t have that app either. Let me ask one of our team members about it.

I also use readingplan as my bible reading app.  The custom URL scheme is working just fine. I use the german Schlachter 2000 and my URL is accord://read/SCHLA2K?%@

On 5/3/2023 at 8:41 PM, jrkleberg said:

I use the app called "Reading Plan".  It has a number of calendar options and then allows you to customize it so it links to the Bible software of your choice.  So each day, you are presented with a number of scripture passages and you select the one you want to read.  The app then links to your Bible software with the version and verse range -- then in my case Accordance launches it for me.  

Since going to 3.4.0, it does not work correctly.  It will just launch the last place I had been reading on my own.

I can look into this, could you post the Reading Plan URL that you are using?

accord://read/%@

On 5/3/2023 at 7:42 AM, jrkleberg said:

I am having trouble with the Reading Plan app since upgrading to 3.4.0 with its new linking scheme.  Could you please update your documentation on this so that other apps can adjust?

Thank you!

Jim Kleberg

OK, it looks like Accordance is having trouble with the verse reference that is plugged in by ReadingPlan (e.g. the space in "Hebrews 1"). However, when I built and tested 3.3.1, I got a similar problem handling the scripture reference. Do you remember what version you updated from ? (that supported ReadingPlan's links)

Thanks for digging into this.  Sorry, I don’t know what version I updated from.  But I can tell you that I am configured to auto update as versions become available.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this registered as a bug at this point?

Yes, and as of now, it should be resolved in our next update.

Thank you!