14.0.5 Still not able to change reference font in tools.

David Foster

I thought that I read that this had been fixed in the release notes for 14.0.5 but when I installed the update I still wasn't able to change the default font for references in tools. Whenever I select a new font the font for the text changes but not the references. 

By the way, thanks for all the work you guys put into this new update!

What macOS version? I’ll try to test this.

Thanks Nathan. I'm running Ventura 13.2.1. Sorry! I'll run the update and then try again... hopefully that will do it. Then I'll post the result...

Hey Nathan, I just did the update (for my Mac) and it partially worked. 

When I went into Accordance -- Settings-- Text Display nothing happened. It is still stuck on Helvetica Neue. However, when I clicked on the gear icon for the individual text and went to 'Set Text Pane Display' it did allow me to change the reference font for that specific module. 

Thanks again for checking... 

Someone else reported a similar issue, so I went ahead and filed this one.

5 hours ago, David Foster said:

I thought that I read that this had been fixed in the release notes for 14.0.5 but when I installed the update I still wasn't able to change the default font for references in tools. Whenever I select a new font the font for the text changes but not the references. 

By the way, thanks for all the work you guys put into this new update!

I can confirm this is still an issue on 14.0.5 using Mac OS 12.6.5. 

What I found is that the reference font can be changed for individual texts only by using (cmd + t) on each one; but, it will not do so globally in the Text Display Preferences.  Not ideal.

• Like 1

Great thanks so much Nathan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ctrl T for individual texts in Windows locks out reference's customization except for themes.

It also locks out Use English Book Names if the text had this option previously unchecked.

Not ideal as someone said.

Thanks! I’ll report this issue as well.

Eureka, I found the actual problem.... USE ENGLISH BOOK NAMES MUST BE CHECKED 

If under advanced you untick English Book Names in at text, then you are locked out of change the reference text size!

BUT you are also locked out of changing it back to use English Book Names, so you are stuck with it for that text!

This also happens to English Texts 

Thanks! I’ll include that in the bug report.

23 hours ago, Gary Raynor said:

Eureka, I found the actual problem.... USE ENGLISH BOOK NAMES MUST BE CHECKED 

If under advanced you untick English Book Names in at text, then you are locked out of change the reference text size!

BUT you are also locked out of changing it back to use English Book Names, so you are stuck with it for that text!

This also happens to English Texts 

Gary

I'm not certain if I understand the above; I have "Use English Book Names" checked, and I'm still able to change the Reference Font only on individual texts (cmd+T) – just cannot change the Reference Font on a global basis without that messing up the Text Display Font in texts.  Certainly, not an ideal situation.

This is on Mac OS 12.6.5, Accordance 14.0.5 – perhaps you have discovered an issue for the Windows platform – I don't have Windows so I'm not able to test this to confirm.

@accordAt the moment I have not experimented with global preferences. Hopefully the info below is helpful to you.

image.png.cdd8ad6abc795f8e9bfd21e3399a9398.png In a Text with Ctrl T this is Bad: references preferences cannot be changed

image.png.09257302517794ca37738a3300365fb2.png In a Text with Ctrl T this is good: reference preferences can be changed

4 hours ago, Gary Raynor said:

@accordAt the moment I have not experimented with global preferences. Hopefully the info below is helpful to you.

image.png.cdd8ad6abc795f8e9bfd21e3399a9398.png In a Text with Ctrl T this is Bad: references preferences cannot be changed

image.png.09257302517794ca37738a3300365fb2.png In a Text with Ctrl T this is good: reference preferences can be changed

@Gary Raynor

Ah, thank you for your answer, it makes it all clear.