Accordance 14.0.5 Toolbar Icons Need to be Updated

Misulejoha

@Nathan Parker

Kudos to the Accordance team for a job well done with the latest 14.0.5 update.  My only issue now is the toolbar icons.  Not sure why the decision was made to use black outlines rather than white ones, especially with the dark greyish background.  It makes it really hard on the eyes for some of us who are visually challenged.  Anyways, would you be kind enough to add this item to your list of things to be included in the next update (if possible)?  Other than that I am very pleased with this latest version.

Accordance 14.0.5 Toolbar.png

Thanks! Let me run this one by our teams.

My related question is why they got so big. I don’t see the previous option for small icons. ??

I'm on a Mac with 14.05 and not replicating these issues.  My icon size is what have normally used, although the option for small icons has gone.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.54.33 am.png

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 10.54.23 am.png

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Same on my end (MacBook Air, 2020, Big Sur).

I’ve filed a bug report for the small icon issue on Mac. Showing our teams the Windows icon issue as well.

• 3 weeks later...

You can get the small size option in 14.0.5 by right clicking (or control clicking) on the toolbar.

image.png

I am looking into the other issue.

Thanks.

5 minutes ago, Billy32792 said:

You can get the small size option in 14.0.5 by right clicking (or control clicking) on the toolbar.

image.png

I am looking into the other issue.

Thanks.

Using 14.0.5 on MacBook Pro M2 Max (Mac14,6) with MacOS 13.4 and I do NOT get the "Use Small Size" option when control clicking.

Like @Lester P. Bagley I do not see this with control click either.

Accordance for Mac 14.0.5, [Mac OS 13.3.1 (a) 2021 16 inch 2021 MacBook Pro M1 16 GB]

This is apparently yet another Ventura issue. I have confirmed this in Ventura and I will post it with the other ones on the programmers board. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Lester and Michael!

• Like 1

I have also confirmed the toolbar icons issue in Windows in dark mode. I will report this too!

Thanks.

@Nathan Parker

I'm posting a screen shot of my toolbar after I recently used Safe Mode to remove the startup session, clear the library and research cache.  Interestingly, the outline of the question mark icon turned white.  Not sure why by thought it might be of use to the programming team to figure out how to acheive the same result with the remaining icons.

Screenshot2023-05-26085611QM.thumb.png.46fd5b2a2aa1a36b4f1a55c59aed0c26.png

34 minutes ago, Misulejoha said:

@Nathan Parker

I'm posting a screen shot of my toolbar after I recently used Safe Mode to remove the startup session, clear the library and research cache.  Interestingly, the outline of the question mark icon turned white.  Not sure why by thought it might be of use to the programming team to figure out how to acheive the same result with the remaining icons.

Screenshot2023-05-26085611QM.thumb.png.46fd5b2a2aa1a36b4f1a55c59aed0c26.png

A programmer's sense of humour? :P

Thanks for the followup. @Billy32792 do we need to add this to that bug report you filed?

• 4 weeks later...

As far as the icon size choice in Ventura, this is what we got back from the programming team: 

"It looks like the ability to set the size of the Toolbar has been deprecated and building Accordance with the latest SDKs has removed the "size" checkbox (even building 13.3.x) in Ventura.

We can programmatically change the "style" of the Toolbar to a smaller/compact size -- this could be a new Setting in appearance."

.... So this will be addressed. It is not a simple quick fix though.

Thank you all for your patience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billy32792 said:

As far as the icon size choice in Ventura, this is what we got back from the programming team: 

"It looks like the ability to set the size of the Toolbar has been deprecated and building Accordance with the latest SDKs has removed the "size" checkbox (even building 13.3.x) in Ventura.

We can programmatically change the "style" of the Toolbar to a smaller/compact size -- this could be a new Setting in appearance."

.... So this will be addressed. It is not a simple quick fix though.

Thank you all for your patience.

Speaking just for myself - the toolbar's default icon size is fine (Accordance 1.0.6 on Windows 11).

22 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

Speaking just for myself - the toolbar's default icon size is fine (Accordance 1.0.6 on Windows 11).

I think this is only an issue on the Mac. 

• Like 1

Leave it to Apple to complicate things. Ventura has been messier than I thought it would be. :-)