14.0.5 Appearance Settings

William Cross

Hey appreciate all of the fixes. One thing that does not seem to have been fixed though.

If I choose Appearance/General Theme/ Dark and then pick a custom background, that change does not "stick" when the program is restarted. I have to close all tabs and reopen them, or select that setting again in settings and apply it.

Edited by William Cross

What macOS version? I’ll try to test this.

That’s one fantastic wallpaper image!

MacOs 13.3.1

The image is by the painter Albert Bierstadt: A Storm in the Rocky Mountains, Mt. Rosalie

The valley depicted in that painting is a real place in Colorado, though sadly the high mountain that Bierstadt named for Rosalie was later renamed after someone else and the name of Rosalie was transferred to a nearby peak that isn't quite as prominent. Still, that valley is neat and worth visiting if you make it out here sometime. :) 

• Like 2

I’m having trouble testing this one, but showing it to Tech Support so we can get it filed if we can reproduce it.

This still happens to me as well with any saved session.

Data point for problem solving: Everything works correctly on my MacBook Pro M2.

Everyone should know by now that ALL problems should be reported with details of what machine you are using.

Those having issues: Are you on Intel or Apple Silicon Macs?

I am on a 2023 MacBook Pro M2 running macOs 13.3.1

Here is an updated video showing that not only are the Preferences not "sticking" upon a restart, but the References Font setting is actually changing the Contents Font preview. I have rebooted the app and the MacBook as well as rebooted Accordance in Safe Mode to remove the start up session, rebuild text settings, and selected all the options under clean up.  

I did also delete the entire program, including all support files and then reinstalled it. The problem persists.

Edited by William Cross

Interestingly, Appearance settings made in "Set Text Pane Display", seem to work correctly per session (even the Reference Font setting), but also do not stick upon a restart, even if set as the Default. To clarify, they do "stick" whenever a new tab is invoked, but the Default Session window that appears reverts to the all black version.

Thanks for the additional feedback on this! I’m having Tech Support take a look so we can get this filed.

• 3 weeks later...

This has been reproduced and posted on the programming team's board.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also still having this issue with 14.0.5 - display preferences do not persist across close/re-open Accordance. For me it's a readability issue - my old eyes don't like the lack of contrast in the default that seem to always come up (foreground/background colors etc). I keep several windows/tabs open so it is a real pain to reset all the colors again every time.

I love Accordance, but is it time to go back to 13 again and wait for 14.0.6? 14.1.0?

EDIT: I'm on a MAcBook Pro M1 running Ventura 13.5 Beta.  I though had been finally working in 14.0.5 so is there some issue with the fact that I'm on a beta of Ventura?

Edited by guineau

The Ventura beta probably doesn't help since we can only support shipping versions of Ventura. We might need to know about the Ventura beta issue though in case Apple has changed something yet again. @Billy32792, what are your thoughts on this?