Well, the crash has happened

Pastor Jonathan

I am using Accordance 14 within a VM running Windows 10. 

The system crashes each time I do a search. 

I used the NKJV, searched a general search for James and John. It pulls up the search findings, and as I scroll through, when I get to the bottom of the findings, the system crashes. 

I have done it twice out of five searches, so not sure if I can duplicate it on my own. 

1 hour ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

I am using Accordance 14 within a VM running Windows 10. 

The system crashes each time I do a search. 

I used the NKJV, searched a general search for James and John. It pulls up the search findings, and as I scroll through, when I get to the bottom of the findings, the system crashes. 

I have done it twice out of five searches, so not sure if I can duplicate it on my own. 

I have had similar crashes but very intermittently. 

• Like 1

Do you have any crash logs you can post? I’m on Windows 11. Anyone else on Windows 10 consistently experiencing this?

For what it's worth, I just tried with Acc 14.0.4 on Windows 10 running in VirtualBox on Linux computer and searching for "James and John" (without quotes) worked fine in NKJV, NASB2020, ESV. I tried several times and no crash.

16 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Do you have any crash logs you can post? I’m on Windows 11. Anyone else on Windows 10 consistently experiencing this?

I do. 

I don't have the crash logs for the original issue, but this morning I came in and did a live search on Proverbs 3:1-2 and the word law. Double clicked and it crashed. Here is the log:

Accordance Crash Log

Crashed at: 8:32:16:901 On: 18 of Apr, 2023 Pacific Daylight Time

Accordance 14:0.4 (14.0.4.0)

Windows 10 (10.0.19045)

Ram: 2615MB free of 4095MB total

Address: $      0044CCB1

Backtrace:

$0044CCB1

$0084E2DA

$009070ED

$00906F11

$0090A6AE

$007C6972

$00525C35

$00977BFD

$009773F8

$009728C6

$007EAF22

$004D3EA9

$76C30E8B

$76C27E5A

$76C27537

$76C256DB

$007D21EF

ETA: I just did the same search, and it worked fine. It is almost as thought it has morning glitches. 

Edited by Pastor Jonathan

15 hours ago, Larry Wing said:

For what it's worth, I just tried with Acc 14.0.4 on Windows 10 running in VirtualBox on Linux computer and searching for "James and John" (without quotes) worked fine in NKJV, NASB2020, ESV. I tried several times and no crash.

Yeah, it is weird. It happens once in a while, and the last time was with 14.0.0. But I knew there were issues so I didn't say anything. Then it just happened again yesterday and now I have this new thing today. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong. But I just did another search, and while I don't have the logs, it crashed again. Searching for a different word. 

What word were you searching for? Tech Support might have a Windows 10 PC they can test this on if you want to reach out to them via email. My PC is Windows 11, so I’m having issues duplicating these issues.

On 4/19/2023 at 2:33 PM, Nathan Parker said:

What word were you searching for? Tech Support might have a Windows 10 PC they can test this on if you want to reach out to them via email. My PC is Windows 11, so I’m having issues duplicating these issues.

@Nathan Parker,

Sorry, I don't remember the word or verse. It happened and I was close to ending my day (right before my first trip of the camping season) so I just shut down everything to go home and pack and left. My mind was fuzzy at that moment :). Thanks.  

OK, next time it happens, update here with the steps you followed so we can see if we can reproduce it.

• 5 months later...