Hover is misaligned after phrasing

Sam Freney

After phrasing, the highlighting (and therefore instant details) on mouse hover over words is often mis-aligned.

Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1. Both M1 Mac Mini, and Intel Macbook. Accordance 14.0.4.

To reproduce: put phrasing including new lines and indents into a Hebrew or Greek text. Highlights will be misaligned.

To correct: move the mouse outside of the box containing that verse (i.e. to another verse, or another pane). Navigate back and the highlighting is corrected.

This is difficult to illustrate with screenshots as it removes the mouse pointer, but the cursor is placed where my mouse hover is when the screenshot is taken.

The first shot (before-phrasing.png) is showing correct normal operation before any phrasing.

The second shot (after-phrasing.png) shows mis-alignment - the mouse is hovering over μη but the highlight is on αποκαλυψη.

The third shot (after-moving-mouse.png) shows the corrected operation - I'd moved my mouse up to the previous verse and then back again, and note that the mouse position and the highlight are correctly operating as before.

before-phrasing.png

after-phrasing.png

after-moving-mouse.png

Edited by Sam Freney

Thanks for this! I’m showing this one to our teams, since I’m having issues following the screenshot.

This bug report has been reported.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll re-report it.