High Resolution Maps in Atlas

Spencer

The terrain basemaps in Atlas have not been updated in a long time and are starting to show their age (Colors, Vivid Colors, Light Colors, Light Browns, Grays, Infrared, Night Vision). With computers having higher resolution monitors and screens, zooming in doesn't look fantastic and lacks precise definition. It would also be nice to have some newer, more-modern or better terrain color schemes.

For example (attached). Here's a zoomed-in screenshot on a 2020 13" MacbookAir (2560 x 1600 Retina display) using Accordance 14.0.4 and Atlas 2.2

This is an upgrade I would be happy to pay for.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 1.05.26 PM.png

Edited by Spencer
  • Like 4

Thanks! I’ll pass it on. In the meantime, there is a Satellite Bible Atlas module you may be interested in checking out.

@Nathan Parker Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look.

I ended up using Google Earth for a class to get some really detailed terrain layout at a city-level. Accordance's pixelation was just hard to work with on the 3D slice at really close views.

• Like 1

I think NET Bible has some satellite maps in one of their versions, but I don’t know if they’re in the Accordance versions. I’ll have to check.

• 1 month later...

+1

Honestly, it is embarrassing to use such low-resolution maps anymore. I would love to see higher-quality maps available that I could customize in Accorance.

• Like 2

We’ll look into it. The Accordance Atlas hasn’t changed much over the years. It’s amazing to see just how long we’ve ran with our Atlas. I still find the 3D Atlas feature useful, plus I still find the overall customizable Atlas to be helpful. Adding in some higher-resolution and satellite-based maps would be a ton of fun though. Even these maps are pretty good: https://www.grearth.co (I use this as one of my weather apps).

• Like 2