Accordance Android App on Windows 11

Dr. Nathan Parker

Has anyone successfully installed the Accordance Android app on Windows 11? I’m about to get a Windows 11 PC, and I’m curious if I should try installing the Accordance Android app on it.

Thanks!

Haven’t tried but what would be the reason for doing so? The android app is nothing but a reader. It has few features and hasn’t been updated in a long, long time. Several features that I was told 2 years ago were coming have never appeared. 

• Like 1

Mainly in case I ever need to test the Android app for work.

Which By the way, once we wrap up some bug fixes for Accordance 14 Desktop, Mobile (both iOS and Android) is going to be a major focus for us.

• Like 1

I haven't tried the Accordance app on Win 11, but see no reason it wouldn't work the same as on a phone, since most other apps run on the Android emulators available for the platform. To answer your question, if you are looking to work with the Android app and the Android platform you have is a Windows Android emulator, then Yes, definitely. 

Thanks! I’ll try it and see how it goes.

If you're testing Android on a PC instead of an Android phone or tablet, then you won't get the real experience that 99% of your users are experiencing. Accordance should supply you with a decent Android tablet to get a real-world experience of what the customers are experiencing. I'll sell you one for $120. I have the latest gen Samsung Galaxy A8, their budget line. I just bought an e-ink tablet with Google Play to use for reading.

• Like 2

@KevinPurcell Which e-ink tablet did you get? I invested in one a few years back but didn't end up using it as much as I thought. Maybe the technology is better these days.

Thanks @KevinPurcell! We may have a spare one at the office I can use for testing. I’ll find out. If not, I’ll let you know sometime if I need to take you up on your offer.

Curious about your e-Ink tablet as well, as I’ve been interested in that myself.

I have the Onyx Boox Note Air 2

Nice! How do you like it?

I like it. Best inking experience with one exception - the ReMarkable 2. However much better than iPad.

I don't like Android as much as iOS because I have an iPhone and mac computer.

Reading on it is nice thanks to the eInk screen.

Great!