Hebrew lexical searches in search entry box - turn off help for words

woehrle

I often do words searches with the search entry box / command line.

And normally, I want to search for the unpointed lexical forms. I do not want that accordance, after I press return, adds anything to my searches, no vocalization, no equal sign, no nothing. 

Now, when I type the word, a window pops up under the search entry box that normally gives the unpointed form of the word as well as different forms of the word and makes certain suggestions for different "longer words" based on what I type.

Normally, the unpointed lexical form is the first. So this does not bother me.

But sometimes, a certain vocalized lexical form comes first. And then, if I hit return, the search entry box adds vowels or an equal sign to my search.

To explain my problem in detail:

If I type the word דבר, the unpointed form comes up first. This is what I want. I want to have every word based on the three consonants דבר and thus both the verb and the noun דבר.

If I would like to search for either the verb or the noun דבר I would be willing to add further specifications (grammatical tags).

image.png.393d8b1e6b76dbd2136f89f0deb16f92.png

After hitting return it looks like this - perfect!

image.png.0335493cd8652044e9b43258be30969c.png

However, if I type the word מלך, the rarely documented word מֹלֶך comes first. The unpointed form is not even given in the list. Thus, if I am not careful, after pressung return, accordance will only search for exactly this lexical form. What I would like to have, however, is also in this case the unpointed form מלך.

image.png.e1c5bbb2532bbdeb1b1cb7a6dc43a083.png

After hitting return, the vocalized form with an equal sign for exact lexical form appears in the search box:

image.png.690ab8713edbae5a99ff7656004de35f.png

The same happens, for example, with the word פנה. Here the unpointed form shows up in the list, but accordance by itself marks the verb and would show that verb (with an equal sign) in the search box, if I would just press return.

image.png.804388bd8c112bbff56966b8f09cfb2b.png

Thus, I don't really understand, why accordance behaves so differently for different words.

I don't understand, why I get the unpointed form first for דבר, but not for מלך or פנה.

All in all, I would prefer to turn off the search box help and be allowed to type in what I want, without accordance making changes, adding vowels or equal signs, for me.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot for your help!

image.png

Edited by woehrle

Preferences—>Appearance—>Disable Quick Entry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Preferences—>Appearance—>Disable Quick Entry.

Perfect! Thank you! This did the trick!

What a relief!

• Like 2