Accordance Crashes & Won’t Allow Modules Moved to Different Folders

Louis Lapides

I recently had to reinstall Accordance 14. Everything downloaded correctly. However, when I try to move commentaries into folders I created within the Commentary tool, Accordance crashes continuously.

The folders I created are inside the commentaries folder. Example: General Bible Commentaries, Specific OT books, etc. I have always had my modules organized into separate folders. But not now. I removed the saved session,and did a hard reset on my iPad. I’m running iOS 16 with Accordance 14. I’m sure there’s a simple fix I’m missing. 

• Like 1

That other post @ukfraser worked on contains my answer to this. Unfortunately, there’s a bug with moving some modules around causing the app to crash and “wipe out” most of your library. The only solution at the moment is reinstall and hold off moving modules around. Our developers are aware of it and will work on a fix in a future update. In fact, I just reminded them about it this week.

• Thanks 1

@Nathan ParkerI understand I’m not to move modules from a Tool folder to a Text folder. That makes sense for now. But I can’t even move modules inside the Tools folder to another folder within Tools. If I try to do this, Accordance crashes repeatedly and consistently. I’m hoping to hear from Tech Support since I called them 5 hours ago. Thanks for your advice. 

• Like 1

@Nathan Parker I just got off the phone with Accordance tech support. They are well aware of the problem I am having along with many other Accordance users. I’m sure you know this Nathan, that Accordance recently hired someone to come on staff to address this issue specifically. Bottom line: don’t attempt to  move folders around on iOS devices for now  and be patient while Accordance addresses an issue they are well aware of. And finally, pray that this new programmer will be able to resolve this problem.  

• Like 1

Yep, that’s definitely an issue, and true, we might be seeing a new developer face post to the forums in the future...

• Like 1