GNT Audio Move to Texts Category

Louis Lapides

I recently purchased the GNTAudio  module. The module downloaded seamlessly into iOS 16. But Accordance placed the module under the category “ Tools”.” I want to place it in the category of Texts since it is a spoken text. It is not technically a commentary etc.

Under the “move” option I can only place the GNT Audio module in Tools. It’s merely a preference I have, but not essential. If I place the GNT audio into the text category, I wonder if I can have the Greek written text side by side with the GNT audio on my iPad. This is really what  I am ultimately aiming for.

Is there a work around when Accordance assigns a module under a category that the user would like to override? Or perhaps there is a way I can place the GNT audio next to the Greek text.

Edited by Louis Lapides
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Louis Lapides said:

I wonder if I can have the Greek written text side by side with the GNT audio on my iPad. This is really what  I am ultimately aiming for.

Is there a work around?

Yes 

i have both my greek and hebrew in a tool called audio to make them easier to find (but be aware, currently people are reporting a bug when moving items in the library that is causing all resources to be lost so you may want to wait for a new release before you move anything.) but this will work:

open the greek.

add a second window with the icon in the bottom right. 

click the title of what opens in the second window and you may get the texts if its the left icon active. but click the middle icon to get the tools  scroll down through the various categories so you could open a study bible, translator notes, commentary or lexicon or atlas. (The right icon gives you your notes. Look at the lower screenshot first.)
select the tool where your greek audio is and find it. they are linked if the chain icon is active but click on the chain icon in the second pane and you can unlink them.

You can only open a second window from texts so the greek has to be on the left and opened first, not from tools so you cant open the audio and then add the greek text. The current limitation is you cant search in second window but when you unlink you do have access to the drop down menu so other than that, i find the app very useful.

9F44C1CC-778C-40E8-B303-B33AB4758951.png

B09897E4-7B2D-46B4-BA7B-C3E3EEA367C9.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ukfraser thanks for your helpful navigation. It was easier than I thought. I liked that you created a Folder called “Audio.” Mine landed in NT commentaries. I’ll create a new folder and place my audio modules in it. Now I can listen to the Greek Audio with the Greek text side by side. I think I was stuck on putting the GNT Audio in the texts section, which fouled me up. Thanks for your thoughtful answer. Very cool. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I have a new issue. I may need to open a new topic. I tried to place the GNTAufio into a folder called Audio. Then all my Tools disappeared. So I reinstalled Accordance. When I try to arrange my commentaries into the order I always had, Accordance keeps crashing, I usually put my Commentaries into different categories: General Bible, General OT, Specific OT books etc. Now when I try to move commentaries into folders, Accordance crashes. I removed the Saved session and did an hard reset on the iPad. Same results. I never had this issue before. I can still access everything in Accordance 14, but I cannot personalize my modules. Frustrating. 

Before I start another topic under iOS bugs, are there any solutions I am overlooking?  Thanks! 

• Like 1

Hi, unfortunately its a known bug which is why at the beginning of my earlier response i suggested you may want to wait before moving anything.

;o( 

the good news is, it will get fixed!

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1