Parshiot for Torah

davidlevin

The Torah is broken into 54 sections called parshiot (pl of Parsha).  Jews use this as the yearly cycle connecting for the text - some for special circumstances, some are combined at various times.  The ability to key in on the particular section would make Accordance even richer as an experience.  

• Like 2

The portion names are included in the print version of Tree of Life, but I do not see them in the Accordance version. Are they there, and I just need to turn them on, or were they left out?

A.D.

• Like 1

They’re listed in the TLV Notes. There’s also a table in the Jewish Study Bible, though they’re not numbered there. 

• Like 1

I’ll pass on the request for a standalone module of this. Another possible User Tool?

• Like 1

Do you not already have this? As in "Readings & Prayers for Jewish Worship(Readings & Prayers)

It could be an idea to make a Torah Portion reading Plan which includes the Haftarah and for the messianic community the NT portions

• Like 2

I finally have access to all our modules now, so I just checked. Looks like it is in there. It’s a nice affordable module as well. Thanks for letting me know! I’ll see if we can feature that module in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

I made a user tool for the 54 portions, plus feasts and fasts. I wish Accordance had a tool that includes the Three-Year Torah Reading Cycle.

As I did with my own, it should indicate different versification. When the Jewish Scripture references diverge from most Bibles, I link specifically to the TLV. CJB and JPS were other options.

image.jpeg.f7c8901bf28a67055d868b88207612af.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks @Daniel L! Do we have it on the Exchange yet? If not, let me know, and we can get it added.

If you want to attempt a three year User Tool, you can definitely go for it!

• Like 1