Blank Warning Box

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Twice now when I have accessed my User Notes (once in it's own tab, once by adding a pane to a text window), I have gotten a blank warning box. The box has the Accordance logo in the lower left corner, and an "ok" button in the lower right, but there is no text in the box. My user notes appear to be functioning correctly, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

I've gotten other warning boxes with text in them, so it appears to be limited to certain warnings.

Accordance 8.3.1, Mac OS X 10.4.11, PPC

Lorinda Hoover

Helen:

I'll do what I can to get you one. So far it's not every time I open the notes, so I'm not sure how to reproduce it. I'll let you know if I discover any more.

Lorinda

This is probably a warning that there is a font there that Accordance cannot display properly. It would only occur once per session, and the offending text will just not appear. Does this match your experience?

That would appear to be the case.

Some of my notes are in Bradley Hand ITC TT-Bold.

Interestingly, they do appear in my User Notes, but certain parts of them disappear if I attempt to change to font to Hevetica. I've narrowed it down to a problem with either the en or em dash. I have trouble telling them apart, but Wesley's notes uses it to separate a Biblical phrase from his comments on the phrase. E.g. from his notes on Ezek. 34:23:

My servant David

Archived