Can Create new commentary User Tool, but Can't open it

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Today in testing a link issue I was having in User Tools, I tried to create a new Commentary type user tool.  I went to the User Tools button on the toolbar, clicked it, chose "New User Tool" and then selected Commentary in the next dialog.  When I clicked OK, nothing seemed to happen.  (Normally, the new User Tool opens in the workspace).  I checked the library, and it was listed there, but I was unable to open it.

Also...this is probably known, but the new help files for Accordance 14 give absolutely no specifics about the new User Tool types: that there are new types is mentioned in the "new in 14" section, but the section on User Tools itself appears to be unchanged since 13 (or maybe earlier)

• Like 1

This is a bug with User Tools in 14. I’ll report it again to ensure it’s on the list to be addressed.

I was trying out the new lexicon user tool to make a tool for my notes on certain words. The documentation is sparse concerning how to make links. I was able to link to a verse, but to link to Strongs didn't work: I got a message saying I didn't own that module. After a few crashes, I about gave up. Then I tried linking to something that did not have an apostrophe in the title, like Mounce Greek Dictionary ... presto!

But it would be helpful if the details of the help section were fleshed out more. I spent probably 45 minutes trying to get something to work that should take about 1 minute. 🙂

• Like 1

BTW, my lexicon does show up in the user tool list. I don't know if the bug is just for user commentaries or not, but my lexicon is available in the toolbar on Windows 10, 14.0.4

• Like 1

Sorry about the double post; I cannot find a way to delete it.

• Like 1

You can import user tool and set it as a commentary and that will open it as a commentary. You can then select all the words and delete them

• Like 1

Fixed the double post. We’re going to look at increasing training on User Tools once those remaining issues with them are resolved in 14.