Construct search freezeish

Pastor Jonathan

Today I am doing a research on prayer and fasting. Thought I would try to build a simple construct search. 

This is running in a VM, Accordance 14.0.4. 

Pulled up the simple construct, my main text is a NKJV + strongs. 

Opened up the Simple Construct, dropped my first Column Item word catagory and chose everything dealing with prayer. 

When I went to drop the second word for fasting, I dropped the word and the box came up. I tried to type the word fast to find it in the list of words, and it acted as though it froze. But the cursor would still move, I could still close out the box, click on everything else, but it just would not let me type in any words to find. I had to scroll down. 

I closed out the box, and dropped a connecting item into the top. I used the Inter option (also, if someone could explain what that means, I would appreciate it). It would drop, but then it would not let me delete it off the field so it was stuck. 

I had to close the Simple Construct down and then re-open it. 

I repeated the steps above, and now it works. Not sure if that is my end or if there is a slight glitch but I thought I better bubble that up. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Hi @Pastor Jonathan,

I think the best place to start is trying some diagnostic runs. Have you tried the same construct using something else, like the ESVS with the same results? Or the NKJS with a different word? Also, have you tried completely shutting Accordance and re-opening it? (As opposed to just the construct).

Concerning the Inter, my understanding is that it is short for "interjection" and I think it means that whatever construct you run, it will include an interjection? I just tried a bogus construct with the inflect of θεοῦ and the next column of "interjection" and it brought up Ac 13:46 highlighting θεοῦ and ἰδοὺ.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Kristin

Thank you. That does help with the interjection. 

Regarding trying other ways, I tried the KJV, I shut down and opened it back up, and tried a different search. It is all working. 

That is interesting how it isn't freezing now. 

• Like 2

Thanks! If it freezes again, let me know, There have been a handful of construct bugs in 14.

• Like 1