Sefaria.org Module

Vaughn Hart

It’s looking promising that we’ll see something from them down the road. Again, no specific ETA at the moment, but I can say we’re highly optimistic.

• Like 1

I use Safaria all the time. Would love to see integration into Accordance.

• Like 1

@robrecht

Same here... reading Exodus and going between the IVP Commentaries and Sefariia.org really changed my view on Passover and the life of Jesus. Jesus really is the Messiah. 

• 1 month later...

Our discussions have been quite positive. We don’t have any specific announcements at the moment, but all I can say is stay tuned. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

• 4 weeks later...

Sefaria reached out to me about a trial for a program they're developing. I replied yes, but haven't heard back. 

Still a great resource... I was thinking about this resource when I heard this verse today. 

““There was a rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. And at his gate was laid a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, who desired to be fed with what fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover, even the dogs came and licked his sores. The poor man died and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried, and in Hades, being in torment, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side. And he called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the end of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in this flame.’ But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that you in your lifetime received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner bad things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in anguish. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, in order that those who would pass from here to you may not be able, and none may cross from there to us.’ And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, to send him to my father’s house— for I have five brothers—so that he may warn them, lest they also come into this place of torment.’ But Abraham said, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ He said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead.’””

(Luke 16:19–31 ESV)

• 1 month later...

“Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? How is it that you fail to understand that I did not speak about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” Then they understood that he did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.”

(Matthew 16:10–12 ESV)

Edited by Vaughn Hart

JPS will release their commentary on Psalms 120-150 in August 2023. Will Accordance include this module in the JPS library that they already have?

JPS also released the Book of Jonah  some time ago, but it was never offered by Accordance.  Why?

2 hours ago, Gedalya said:

JPS will release their commentary on Psalms 120-150 in August 2023. Will Accordance include this module in the JPS library that they already have?

JPS also released the Book of Jonah  some time ago, but it was never offered by Accordance.  Why?

I have the JPS Commentary on Jonah in Accordance, so they do offer it. 

You can buy JPS Jonah now as @Lorinda H. M. Hoover said. Post a new module request on JPS Psalms and we'll log it.

Correct. My error. I do have that Jonah module!

Edited by Gedalya

Make sure you're making any new module requests in a separate thread so we can track them.

• 2 months later...

But there are some really good nuggets in the Sefaria.org module. 

Edited by Vaughn Hart

Any update, @Nathan Parker?

We're still talking with them. No ETA on a release date for any content, but the discussions have been super positive.

• Like 3

that's really good to hear... as an addition to journals do you think you could talk to the https://www.thetorah.com - they have a huge library of easily accessible articles based around the weekly parashah reading (e.g. currently https://www.thetorah.com/parashah/bereshit)

they are great articles which really introduce an amazing set of differing angles on Judaism... they send them weekly as an email and I have collected hundreds of them and put them into DEVONthink so I can search them properly but it would be so much better on Accordance

Just an idea

• Like 2

We can look into it. In the meantime, I'll signup for their newsletter. Always looking for new ways to study Torah.

• Like 3