Web Site Bugs

brazyl

We need a good place to report bugs on the AccordanceBible.com web site.  I don't see anywhere, so I created a place.  (Maybe some day we can have a real bug reporting system instead of a forum 😜.)

Edited by brazyl
  • Like 2

The "Files" page of the account section is broken.   

There's an error message that just says "There has been a critical error on this website."—a very vague WordPress error message.  Hopefully the useful information is in the logs, where developers can more easily see what's wrong.

• Like 1

In the very recent past there was a conflict between permissible characters for passwords on the web site and the permissible characters in the Accordance app, and I'm willing to bet that this problem still exists.  If I remember correctly, the web site supported a wider array of characters, and the app didn't support "special" characters.  Now that the app supports Unicode for other purposes maybe we can break out of the ASCII era for passwords as well.

The web site (correctly!) encourages using punctuation and so forth, but the app (13 at least) failed to accept it.  The biggest problem is with the app failing to accept whatever characters you can throw at it.  The second problem is the web site encouraging characters that don't actually work in the app, since it's one account shared between the two.

Edited by brazyl
  • Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I know you’ve given some feedback about a bug reporting system, but what else would you like to see on that front?

Redmine is widely regarded, although you guys seem to use all PHP-based web tools.... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brazyl said:

I'm unable to add anything to a wish list.   I just missed the sale deadline for this by about 90 minutes and so I wanted to add it to my high priority list but it won't work:

That's odd. Trying to add to a new or existing wishlist puts the item into the cart for immediate purchase.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Like 1

We’re looking into the wishlist issue at the moment. In the meantime, enjoy the new “feature” that adds the items to your cart instead. We know you really want to buy the items. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

We’re looking into the wishlist issue at the moment. In the meantime, enjoy the new “feature” that adds the items to your cart instead. We know you really want to buy the items. 🙂 

If you give me that item at yesterday's discount, I will 😉

• Like 1