iOS texts with Strongs freaking out

Gary Pauley

Suddenly all of my texts with Strongs tagging (CSB, ESV) look like this...

image.thumb.png.ecef1b419b5ba8a23880e31ec7a7746e.png

• Like 1

I reinstalled, fixed. The same thing happened to numerous texts. Reinstall did it.

• Like 1

Actually I have had my ESVS re-corrupt somehow. Never seen this before.

• Like 1

Did another reinstall fix or is it still corrupted?

seems to only be ESV Strong’s. I have to keep reinstalling it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Strange. I don't use tagged texts often but I've not seen this. I notice you've linked ESV and LXX (which is not tagged to correspond with ESV). Does this same problem happen with BHS or GNT?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, A. Smith said:

Strange. I don't use tagged texts often but I've not seen this. I notice you've linked ESV and LXX (which is not tagged to correspond with ESV). Does this same problem happen with BHS or GNT?

I had just pulled up ESV to get a pic. It appears this way alone also.

FE34CDA0-E7D5-484D-B8B1-35CF549F2B37.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Clutching at straws, when i downloaded the app, it came with its own tagged esv, something like esvsi, i never could work out what the difference was and deleted it as i assumed it was something to do with licensing.

Have you tried downloading that and do you get the same issue? 

the other thought i had was that accordance saves settings for each individual text and i wondered if in the past you have made changes to the esv locally which is affecting its display. (As i say, im clutching at straws.) i have included my esv settings for you to compare to see if there is anything strange in yours as its only affecting one tool.

i havent seen what you are getting on either of my devices and im using accordance on the iPad daily.

B8CB9835-7A3F-4D55-8EA0-14B86123CD99.png

253A1F9B-EC07-47B4-B452-B335007D8679.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

Thanks @ukfraser for the suggestions. My settings are the same as yours. I have reinstalled the module and it is working again. I have had to do this 3 times, so we'll see if it holds. I actually do not use ESV often at all...I had pulled it up to look at a translation comparison and noticed it was all weird. Then I noticed that the CSB-S was the same. I reinstalled it and it has not re-corrupted. Something I did not mention but have had to deal with since is my NA28-T. Twice now I had to reinstall it because it had removed all of the spaces in between words! The reinstall worked fine and that is holding for now.

I don't mean for anyone to spend a lot of time on this. I am using the app just fine. It sounds like my phone has a poltergeist. I will post again if their are any re-corruptions! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Pauley said:

I don't mean for anyone to spend a lot of time on this.

Nice little brain teaser for us who are not suffering. 

will watch this thread with interest!

;o) 

• Like 1