Installation on Windows 11 Nearly Impossible

KevinPurcell

I downloaded and installed on Windows 11, latest version. I'm now trying to install my library. Once again, the downloads are taking FOREVER!!!!! I started about 2 this afternoon and I'm only about 10% through. Plus, about 10% of the books give me an error as seen below when I do try to install them. It's about 15 files now in the 10 percent I've downloaded.

What is wrong with Accordance. You went from being one of the most reliable companies of all the Bible software to one of the least in less than a year's time. Whoever's in charge is truly not paying attention or doesn't care or can't fix it.

Forgive my frustration and negativity, but this is astonishing how bad this has gotten in such a short time. I guess when the Brown's stopped calling the shots that's probably when it started to turn.

1562114148_filenotavailableerror.png.d3542ac14f01e06f9e05589f50cf3603.png

• Like 1

Multiple users are reporting issues with installing modules with apostrophes in the titles. Tech Support has been looking into it, but I also have another bug report into developers and will try to get an answer ASAP.

I had the same error message with some files - so I installed v13 over v14, used it to finish the install, then made a copy of the executable, then installed v14 again....

image.png.3a1dc49cba3ce32623af203a3820e7ce.png

I only did this to get around remaining files not installing as there could be conflicts between the two versions

It is a risk to do this but I was desperate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinPurcell said:

I guess when the Brown's stopped calling the shots that's probably when it started to turn.

I am also disappointed not to see @Joel Brown being actively working as before... (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I see no updates or responses from him with regards to the programming of version 14)

Edited by Anonymous

I’ve confirmed this issue will be resolved in 14.0.4. 

• Like 1

We’re also looking at improving the performance for installing modules in Windows over Easy Install.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Joel is still involved in activities with Accordance. He’s actively working on certain projects at the moment.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Joel is still involved in activities with Accordance. He’s actively working on certain projects at the moment.

A trombone module????

;o) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

So good to hear. It is just sad that we don't hear from him in the forums!

• Like 1

He’s been really busy lately. Maybe he’ll post an update when he has a free moment. In the meantime, at least you’ve got me reading and responding. 🙂 

• Like 2