How to set Bible version in Tool Display and Instant Details

williamk

Using 14.0.3.  Never had this problem until upgrading to Acc 14

Instant Details display and User Tools display windows always default to either GNTM or GNT-TRS when I click on a hyperlink in my large display window.

In Preferences, I have set the TOOL DISPLAY > HYPERTEXT  version to NKJVS, clicked OKAY -- yet my version choice does not hold. It always defaults to one of the aforementioned Greek texts requiring me to manually change the version to NKJVS every time.

I can't use the Instant Details window at all since I can't find a way to change from the Greek text it displays to the version I prefer (NKJVS).

Any ideas on why my version choice is not holding in these windows?

Edited by williamk
  • Like 2

Hi @williamk,

I am not sure, but I just wanted to mention that what you are describing sounds a lot like this other thread, and if it is, it would be a known bug.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

• Like 1

Thanks Kristin -- Yes, I posted about this issue a few weeks ago and thought I had resolved it. Didn't use Acc much over the holidays but when I began using it this week the issue is still there. 

• Like 1

What is your top-most translation in your library?  I think I've seen that making the desired text the top one in your library is one way force Accordance to use the translation you want until they get this bug fixed.  

• Like 4

Good call, Lorinda! The top two texts in my Library are GNT-TR and GNTM -- and those are the two Greek texts that the hyperlinked windows default to. I moved NKJVS to the top of the Library list and voila! -- the text in the Instant Details and Tool windows defaults to NKJVS!

Thank you very much for this (hopefully temporary until a bug fix arrives) solution!

Edited by williamk
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2023 at 12:49 PM, williamk said:

Using 14.0.3.  Never had this problem until upgrading to Acc 14

Instant Details display and User Tools display windows always default to either GNTM or GNT-TRS when I click on a hyperlink in my large display window.

In Preferences, I have set the TOOL DISPLAY > HYPERTEXT  version to NKJVS, clicked OKAY -- yet my version choice does not hold. It always defaults to one of the aforementioned Greek texts requiring me to manually change the version to NKJVS every time.

I can't use the Instant Details window at all since I can't find a way to change from the Greek text it displays to the version I prefer (NKJVS).

Any ideas on why my version choice is not holding in these windows?

Same Problem !!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, danielcutri said:

Same Problem !!

As I said two posts above yours, try moving the texts you want to appear in the Instant Details Window to the top texts in your library organization.  Should the Tool Display  setting work?  Yes, but while we are waiting to fix it, adjusting your library order should get you what you want from Instant Details.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

As I said two posts above yours, try moving the texts you want to appear in the Instant Details Window to the top texts in your library organization.  Should the Tool Display  setting work?  Yes, but while we are waiting to fix it, adjusting your library order should get you what you want from Instant Details.

Still not working.

I did it. 

Bible text, and also dictionary but nothing change!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danielcutri said:

Still not working.

I did it. 

Bible text, and also dictionary but nothing change!

Rats! I was so hoping that would work for you.  At this point, I would recommending calling the support line. 

• Like 2

I’ll re-post this in Bug Reports.

• Like 1