When is the next update?

pder3571

Asking for a friend.

• Like 4

I've been wondering the same thing.  I am really hoping they have resolved many of the bugs that are related to the text and tool settings.  I'm hoping they also fix the issue with the Accordance window placement.  Most of the time Accordance doesn't even open up on the screen.  I have to hold the shift button down while right clicking the Accordance icon in my Taskbar to allow me to maximize the Window.  Not a big deal but something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 3

I've been wondering the same thing.  I am really hoping they have resolved many of the bugs that are related to the text and tool settings.  I'm hoping they also fix the issue with the Accordance window placement.  Most of the time Accordance doesn't even open up on the screen.  I have to hold the shift button down while right clicking the Accordance icon in my Taskbar to allow me to maximize the Window.  Not a big deal but something that shouldn't be an issue to begin with.  Just my 2 cents.

5 minutes ago, Misulejoha said:

Not sure why my post posted twice 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Our developers are working hard on another update to 14. No specific release date yet, but it’s in the works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Our developers are working hard on another update to 14. No specific release date yet, but it’s in the works.

That's not a good answer. That's PR rhetoric. Tell us something we don't already know. It's been several weeks, now, since the last update. Accordance 14 is nothing what anyone expected, and has been pretty much a disappointment. I've suggested that one update a week, fixing only one problem at a time, would not be too much too ask. That was essentially ignored. So, now here we are, everyone in the dark, wondering what is going on, since the program most of us have come to love and rely on is unstable, fragmentary, and unreliable. If I sound frustrated and angry, you're right. I am. This is ridiculous. Someone needs to come up with a better answer than PR rhetoric. Otherwise, the "public" will finally have enough of being jerked around and find their answers in ways that Accordance will not appreciate, but will have brought upon itself. So, when is the next update? Please be specific, as I'm absolutely certain that would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I’ll be attending meetings with developers coming up to get a better roadmap of where we’re at on future updates and work to communicate such updates on the forums, but I’ll try to communicate what I know at the moment.

We are getting much closer to another bug fix update (I have a test build of it in hand at the moment, and we’re putting it through the paces as we speak). Once this update has been green-lighted for release, we’ll get it out to customers. I’m expecting this to go fairly quickly.

I do not have a specific release date for this update at the moment since I don’t want to over-promise any release dates, as I don’t want to make the same mistake we did with the initial launch of Accordance 14. Trying to release something on a specific date is what initially got us into a mess, so we’re being more careful this time around.

Once I’ve had a chance to sit in some developer meetings and get a roadmap of future updates, I’ll work to communicate additional updates to the forums. Even then, I’ll likely give general updates instead of specific release dates, but at least I’ll try to bring some clarity about the overall direction we’re looking at on updates.

I do have a question I’ll PM you about in a moment.

• Like 3