The Genesis Flood 50th Anniversary Edition

Pastor Jonathan

The Genesis Flood by John C. Whitcomb and Henry M. Morris (Check here for the information)

Presbyterian & Reformed Publishing

This work is the groundbreaking work which launched Young Earth Science, defense of the Biblical readings of Genesis 1 and 2, and spawned a host of other things:

1. It brought answers to refute the Evolutionary Theory

2. It removes the arguments for Theistic Evolution

3. It opened up the door for future ministries (Answers in Genesis; Creation Ministries International; etc.)

This work should be included in Accordance for those who want a solid defense for the unique blessing of Scripture and Science in total harmony with what is taught by Genesis 1 & 2. Indeed, as the statement goes, if we get Genesis 1 & 2 wrong, how can we say we get the rest of the Bible right? 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

Indeed, as the statement goes, if we get Genesis 1 & 2 wrong, how can we say we get the rest of the Bible right? 

Absolutely!

• Like 3

I just want to offer a preemptive warning that discussion of particular theological viewpoints is discouraged in our public forums. From the guidelines:

Discussion of biblical interpretation, points of theology, and personal beliefs is inappropriate for this board, as are personal or non-Accordance-related announcements, sale of Accordance licenses, and off-topic requests. While we encourage such interchange, we ask that you discuss these issues privately, rather than using the public sections of the Forums.

I'm counting what's already been posted as personal reasons for suggesting the module for development, but I know that these topics can produce a lot of discussion/debate.

• Like 2

@Sean Nelson

Agree. Not a debate forum and it can lend to those things.

But, and there are several who will agree and did participate, we had a fairly lengthy discussion about the Modern vs Traditional text.

While there were strong opinions, I and all who were on that thread would say it was done with utmost respect and turned out solid.

@R. Mansfield, @ukfraser, @A. Smith, and @Nathan Parker would all say it was handled well.

I want to be careful this forum also doesn't drown out healthy discussions because of fear of rules. It really is a unique balance between the two and I am proud of the maturity on display here on this site. 

ETA: Here is the thread mentioned.

Edited by Pastor Jonathan
  • Like 2

Thanks for suggesting the module! I’ll pass it onto marketing as well.

• Thanks 1