Accordance Website Content Feedback

Dr. Nathan Parker

I’m probably going to be in a position where I can work on adding/updating content on the Accordance website sometime this year. If there are particular areas you’d like to see updated, clearer, or additional content, feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

If by content you mean product descriptions and reviews in the Accordance store, then I think it would be helpful to have :

(1) more screen shots of products/modules.

(2a) a section under product/module reviews with links to independent blogger's post or off site articles about the specific Accordance module.

(2b) more links to videos (youtube / vimeo / whatever) or clips of videos where products/modules are being used/demonstrated.

(3) more individual user reviews of products.

• Like 3

The screen shots of lots of products are unreadable. When the resources come up for sale or if i noticed them i would email rick and he sorted them. Let us know when you want us to ping you directly when we spot something specific. 

there is a lot of basic info missing like publisher, date, number of pages etc which is well documented. 

the grouping and order is a joke and its virtually impossible to browse. Its ok to search if you know what you are looking for but the ordering and grouping was much better in the previous web site. 

the old site also had a bit about the employees and i also miss that on the current site. 

as suggested before, i think there should be a separate section on this forum for the web so we can record issues etc and they are separate, just like we have for ios, android, windows and mac

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

The screen shots of lots of products are unreadable.

Yes, I often find it very difficult to read the text of screenshots. It's virtually impossible when I'm using my laptop.

We need more specimen pages of many modules in a text that can be enlarged if necessary. Often, this is not possible. Again, to assess a module more accurately, it would help to provide more sample pages - not just a single page or none at all, as happens with some modules. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, feel free to ping me on any specifics. My Accordance email will be up later this week. I’ll probably share it (in a way that doesn’t give me too much spam) as a direct way to email me with any specifics that need to be addressed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll probably share it (in a way that doesn’t give me too much spam)

That's easy, just let us know the day and time for the celebratory party for your new position is going to be held at your house and you can tell us all then :ph34r:. See, no computer hackability!

I like my steak Medium Rare B)

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

When you hold a webinar that mentions or relates to specific products, it would be useful to have a link from the product page.

For example, in your rumble webinar about word study in the original languages, you mention NA28.

If the NA28 product page has a link to the video, it would help give purchasers an idea of how the platform amplifies the utility of the resource, as opposed to it being nothing more than an e-version of a paper book. The video can also be linked from the UBS5 page in this instance, with the same benefit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ukfraser said:

The screen shots of lots of products are unreadable. When the resources come up for sale or if i noticed them i would email rick and he sorted them. Let us know when you want us to ping you directly when we spot something specific. 

there is a lot of basic info missing like publisher, date, number of pages etc which is well documented. 

the grouping and order is a joke and its virtually impossible to browse. Its ok to search if you know what you are looking for but the ordering and grouping was much better in the previous web site. 

the old site also had a bit about the employees and i also miss that on the current site. 

as suggested before, i think there should be a separate section on this forum for the web so we can record issues etc and they are separate, just like we have for ios, android, windows and mac

Yes for all of these!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, feel free to ping me on any specifics.

I tended to personal message rick as i assume that comes goes into accordance email so i guess may be a way to reduce spam.

• Like 1

Great feedback on all of this! Feel free to PM me anytime as well.

On 1/4/2023 at 3:06 AM, ukfraser said:

That would be nice

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 8:32 PM, Nathan Parker said:

If there are particular areas you’d like to see updated, clearer, or additional content, feel free to let me know

Hi Nathan

I kind of mentioned this in another thread. It would be nice to have something on the author's perspective on certain issues.

For example, does the author take Genesis 1 -11 as actual history and accept the chronologies. What perspective does the author have on Revelation? Does a Bible Atlas incorporate long ages or Biblical Chronology. Does an Archaeological resource affirm Biblical or long ages. What Theological perspective does the author hold. Those types of things would be really helpful.

• Like 1

Good info! I’ve tried to incorporate some of those into my reviews of modules, but I can look to see if descriptions can be gradually upgraded to include more info.

Since there are a lot of products on the website, improving the screenshots and adding links for them all is a major undertaking. Therefore, you will have to focus your efforts, and a good way to do that is to concentrate on products that are about to be featured in a sale. Besides those, you could prioritize pages that get a lot of visits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erhard said:

Hi Nathan

I kind of mentioned this in another thread. It would be nice to have something on the author's perspective on certain issues.

For example, does the author take Genesis 1 -11 as actual history and accept the chronologies. What perspective does the author have on Revelation? Does a Bible Atlas incorporate long ages or Biblical Chronology. Does an Archaeological resource affirm Biblical or long ages. What Theological perspective does the author hold. Those types of things would be really helpful.

So, I thought I'd chime in on this point since I've been seeing it in a few threads. Sorry if my thoughts are rambling...

Though I agree that we need more tagging on our product pages (something we're working on), we do have to be very careful about how we as sellers represent an author's viewpoints and interpretations. We also have to remember that Accordance is used by a wide variety of Biblical scholars, pastors, teachers, laypeople, etc. from a wide range of backgrounds, denominations, and so on, and not everyone will agree on what is meant by terms like "conservative, liberal, evangelical, inerrantist, etc.." The example of the "age of the Earth" debate is perfect for illustrating why we have to be careful about how we label our books, since opinions and emotions run strong on such topics. (This is also why we generally discourage theological debates on the forums.)

Let me offer a hypothetical. Say a book comes out advocating for an "Answers in Genesis" style Young Earth Creationist interpretation of Genesis 1. Let's also say that in our store, one of our employees chooses to label it with the tags "Conservative," "Evangelical," "Inerrantist," "Literal Interpretation," and "Young Earth."  

At this point we, as sellers, face a host of issues. Some customers may be upset because they believe that the tags imply that only the AIG version of Young Earth Creationism falls under those categories. Other customers who approved of the use of the tags might become upset if we also use some of the same tags for other views, such as day/age interpretations, analogical day interpretations, or apparent age interpretations. They might feel that to dub such interpretations as "Conservative" or "Inerrantist" is to compromise the meaning of the terms. Still others will be upset if we don't use those tags for other views, since it would - to their minds - show a theological bias on the part of Accordance. 

And that's not to mention the trouble that could arise if authors or publishers disapproved of our categorizations. 

All in all, we feel it's best for us to be cautious in our categorizations of works on our site. I expect you'll see more denominational affiliations and such on products in the future, but I don't know that we'll be as detailed as some might prefer (and others might not prefer).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Sean Nelson said:

All in all, we feel it's best for us to be cautious in our categorizations of works on our site.

Categorizations may not work, but possibly some short descriptions of the author's writing on these types of issues that he/she puts forth in the resource.

• Like 1

On thing that a seminary prof told me when considering commentaries is to look up where the author is teaching and or went to school. Providing author bio pages might serve to provide relevant information about a particular authors perspective without stepping into deeper waters. 

• Like 2

Good points. One thing we could do when adding any additional categorizations is use the labels the authors themselves use about themselves. For example, some theologians label themselves in their works by a particular theological system (dispensational, covenant theology, premillennial, amillennial, postmillennial, Calvinist, etc). There are certainly nuances within each position, and we can’t get too detailed into the nuances, but maybe apply broad categories of labels that the authors themselves use, allowing the purchaser/reader to determine if they wish to explore the author’s position further.

• Like 3

I knew i would find it eventually

can you take a look at this for some specific pointers

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Will look at this. Thanks!

One more thing...

If possible I think the Accordance blog needs to be updated a lot more, and not only for advertisements and sales.

In other words, it would be nice to see a running blog(or podcast), with tips and tricks as well as news from Accordance. Maybe more guest writers too. After all Accordance has a large pool of users out there who specialize in using particular Accordance modules or tools. They could share specific life examples of how they use Accordance and that might make for interesting reads as well as to helping inspire more interest in Accordance. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

f possible I think the Accordance blog needs to be updated a lot more, and not only for advertisements and sales.

In other words, it would be nice to see a running blog(or podcast), with tips and tricks as well as news from Accordance. Maybe more guest writers too. After all Accordance has a large pool of users out there who specialize in using particular Accordance modules or tools. They could share specific life examples of how they use Accordance and that might make for interesting reads as well as to helping inspire more interest in Accordance. 

Great feedback. Thanks!

• Thanks 1