Main Accordance 14 Issues Still Needing Resolution

Dr. Nathan Parker

Check for Updates (for resources) via Easy Install is still not normalized to what it once was – still exhibiting the validating screen before Accordance gives a blank Easy Install screen.  Also still getting the validating user screen before Easy install populates.  Both Check for Updates and Easy Install are accessed using the Accordance menu bar shortcut icons.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, accord said:

Check for Updates (for resources) via Easy Install is still not normalized to what it once was – still exhibiting the validating screen before Accordance gives a blank Easy Install screen.  Also still getting the validating user screen before Easy install populates.  Both Check for Updates and Easy Install are accessed using the Accordance menu bar shortcut icons.

Are you on 14.0.4? What OS version? I’ll check to see if this bug report has already been filed or if I need to file it.

I know we are working on improving the connection between Accordance Desktop and Accordance’s servers, and expect to see more on that front coming up.

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Are you on 14.0.4? What OS version? I’ll check to see if this bug report has already been filed or if I need to file it.

I know we are working on improving the connection between Accordance Desktop and Accordance’s servers, and expect to see more on that front coming up.

14.0.4 and Mac OS 12.6.3

• Like 1

Thanks! This might be resolved in the Accordance server connection improvements we’re working on (no ETA yet on a release date).

Accordance user tools do not open on a double click, they need to be opened through the "open File" command in the program. Double clicking does open Accordance if it is not open, but does not open the file.

• Like 1

Is that all user tools or just certain user tools? Is this for 14.0.4 (and remind me your OS version again)? Is this for when you first bring user tools into Accordance or for ones already in it?

53 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Is that all user tools or just certain user tools? Is this for 14.0.4 (and remind me your OS version again)? Is this for when you first bring user tools into Accordance or for ones already in it?

Hi Nathan

Windows 11, 14.0.4

double clicking on the file in the Accordance files folder does not open it. Once it has been open via the "open File" menu item, it shows up in the "My Tools" folder in the library where it can then be opened by double clicking. It still will not open again from the Accordance files folder after that. If need be I can verify that on a Windows 10 computer as well.

• Like 1

Got it. Thanks! I’ll report this bug.

Starting with Accordance 14.0.5, instead of using a single thread such as this one to collect bugs, please go back to reporting your bugs in the "Bug Swatters” Mac and Windows forums like you did in the past. This way you all won’t have a ton of pages to look through. I’ll be collecting bug reports there and collectively filing them.

I’m likely going to have access to a Windows machine coming up I can test Accordance on, so I can start testing all Accordance Desktop bugs that come through before reporting them to get a better understanding of what’s going on.

I’ve added some fresh instructions to those two sections, as well as bug report sections for mobile as well. 

For bugs you’ve already reported, if they’re still present after you upgrade to 14.0.5, then simply reply to the thread where you originally posted the bug with a line that says “still present in 14.0.5”. That’ll show up on my end so I’ll know to report it. If you posted the bug report here instead, simply copy/paste your post from here into a new thread under “Bug Swatters” then add a line under it saying “still present in 14.0.5”.

• Like 1

• Dr. Nathan Parker unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

mac m1 macbook-pro Ventura v13.2.1 Accordance v14.04.

I still cannot get the text display and tool display color settings to be maintained after quitting a session and restarting. They stay as desired in their preference dialogs but do NOT change the actual text colors.

• Like 1

@Greg Terry Go ahead and post this in “Bug Swatters-Mac” and we’ll take a look.

The really frustrating issue that causes me the biggest problem is when I accidentally click on a blank area in a text and have Live Click (which I always want to use) enabled. Generates this message and then crashes. Please, at least release an update to fix this issue. Windows 11;

As far as I can tell, problem began with Acc 14.0.3b2 and is in 14.0.4

image.png.7217dd3ce46fb6d912fb298817870da5.png

Edited by mgvh
  • Like 5

Post these to “Bug Swatters-Windows” if you haven’t already (I thought you might have), as we’re going back to using individual bug reports instead of posting stuff to this thread. That way we don’t have to scroll through the bugs we’ve already resolved.

HI

I purchased my upgrade, but I can not download the product. 

Just to verify: I should go to: EASY INSTALL, and Accordance-14 should appear in my "list".

If that is the correct procedure: I am even further behind than everyone else!  When I try "EASY INSTALL", nothing happens: I basically am being told that "all my modules" are up-to-date. AND YES: I had double- and triple-checked that I am looking for MODULES, not UPGRADES

@Jonna L Schmidt You'll want to download Accordance 14 here:

https://www.accordancebible.com/download-accordance/

As an app upgrade, it has to be downloaded separately from modules (Easy Install downloads modules, not app upgrades).

By the way, I’m locking this thread since we’re pivoting away from using a lengthy thread such as this one to instead focus on smaller, individual threads. If anyone has any more questions or bug reports, please start a new thread in their respective sections.

• Like 1

• Dr. Nathan Parker locked this topic