Main Accordance 14 Issues Still Needing Resolution

Dr. Nathan Parker

On 1/19/2023 at 8:17 PM, Nathan Parker said:

@Lawrence Looks like you’re on 14.0.4 now. Great! Keep reporting any issues you find.

can you see what version everyone is on from some central company dashboard?  (I ask because your message appears before he answered your question about what version he is on.)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brazyl said:

How does one do that?  

And can you run both a beta and a stable version of Accordance on the same machine without any conflicts? 

Look at nathan's message in this thread five messages above the one im responding to. Send him a personal message. Click on his photo and you are taken to his profile and then you will see the envelope icon on the banner and click on that to send a pm. 

he has confirmed in the message that you can run both on the same machine. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:24 PM, ukfraser said:

Have you considered becoming a beta tester?

I am a Beta tester. Many of my bug reports did not even receive a response while beta testing.

And most of those reported bugs still need fixing. Anyway, I really hope that these bugs will be sorted out within the next 6 months. 

Edited by Anonymous
  • Like 3

On 1/21/2023 at 9:36 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Our beta testers are doing an excellent job testing our beta versions and reporting feedback to us

But dozens of these reported bugs were not fixed before release.

• Like 2

A new problem in 14.0.4 is that Accordance often opens the app window on the wrong monitor. I have it on my laptop but sometimes after minimizing and maximising it jumps to the second monitor. When Accordance opens the workspace is not in the size / shape I saved it, and this problem is worse now than with 14.0.3

• Like 2

19 hours ago, brazyl said:

can you see what version everyone is on from some central company dashboard?  (I ask because your message appears before he answered your question about what version he is on.)

Not that I’m aware of, but he posted and said he updated.

19 hours ago, brazyl said:

Also, is crash data being sent in automatically?  I don't recall ever seeing a prompt for permission to send it, but it could be very useful if the developers received that information.

I’ll have to check.

By the way my Internet has been flakey over the weekend, so if I overlook anything major I need to answer, someone just remind me early next week, and I’ll answer it.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2023 at 5:43 PM, brazyl said:

If Accordance (the company) ...

Sorry, I just realized the company name is still Oaktree Software.  I think the web site used to be something like oaktreesoft.org and I mistakenly guessed the company name had been changed when I noticed a year or so ago that the web site was now AccordanceBible.com.    (Also, the bottom of this page says "Copyright © Accordance Bible Software", so I'm not completely without evidential basis for my mistake 😜.) 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 9:40 PM, Nathan Parker said:

This was solved for me in v. 14.0.4 thanks!

Robb reported this one as well: 

Edited by iota
  • Like 1

This issue is ongoing in 14.0.4, and worse for some.

13 and 14 bug:

2 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

This issue is ongoing in 14.0.4, and worse for some.

Thanks for the heads up, Nathan.

• Like 1

Another problem? Literal searching gives false results in the following search: (13 & 14)

image.thumb.png.09910fee59998ee668e22de5260ea820.png

It finds results as if I'm searching "ב* בית".

If I switch to WORDS search it finds results about what I expect from a LETTERS search:

image.png.1a46dfdc219ad2b60ec5fff81616395c.png

This doesn't work either:

image.thumb.png.1b9333b3fd1f60dd99807460ca5e7149.png

Edited by Anonymous
  • Like 1

I see that you have the search set for "words" in the first screen shot and for "letters" in the second. If I use your first search setup in 14, I get the same results as you do in 13.

Not sure why the spacing in "letters" should allow a whole word to be placed in between those you're looking for. What results do you get when doing the exact same letters search in 13?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donald Cobb said:

I see that you have the search set for "words" in the first screen shot and for "letters" in the second. If I use your first search setup in 14, I get the same results as you do in 13.

Not sure why the spacing in "letters" should allow a whole word to be placed in between those you're looking for. What results do you get when doing the exact same letters search in 13?

Thanks Donald. I'll correct my post. Thus it seems the bug is in both 13 and 14.

Please see if the updated post makes more sense.

Edited by Anonymous
  • Like 2

In 14.0.4, I receive a spinning beachball when typing in a search term in a text or tool that isn’t exact. I eventually receive a “not found” error message, but it takes a moment.

iMac Pro running Ventura 13.1.

Possible bug with Get Verses. Other users are attempting to replicate it.

I've been using Accordance since 2001 and have amassed a considerable library over that time. I am repeatedly getting the beachball when doing simple searches on Bible texts (14.0.4 on Mac 13.1). I don't remember this in the past. There are a number of converging things which are nagging my concern muscles:

• degraded performance of software
  • the website is still prominently advertising version 13
  • new ownership
  • at least one long-time person has left the company

I am hoping for the best. I don't want to lose Accordance. I am sure there are plenty of folks never on the forums that would like to have their fears relieved. Get out ahead of it would be my advice. If releasing 14 too early was a goof, put it in an email and on the website and own it – temporary inconveniences are survivable, relatable, and easily forgotten. A trend which indicates a questionable future might give the "other guys" the bright idea for a great deal on a crossover to switch and steal otherwise loyal folks who have to look at a realistic future where access to their resources is critical.

• Like 4

Accordance 14 crashes with English research. I just searched for "chain" in all resources with English research and it crashes every time.

• Like 1