Main Accordance 14 Issues Still Needing Resolution

Dr. Nathan Parker

Another issue I am having is downloading and installing new purchases. 

I can download but when I install, I get an error:

cannot complete an operation in the file "C:/programData/Accordance/Modules/Tools/Clarke's Commentary.atool", since that file is locked. 

Not sure what that means. Thanks. 

• Like 4

On 1/6/2023 at 8:51 AM, Anonymous said:

Lexeme word study finds more than one lexeme!

image.png.253bd39d66691231b020168e8a4a958e.png

Also with Greek words!

image.png.c70ec7250e1816f9a29849a1029aed06.png

image.png.5154443652905ea320ce4439e1469903.png

Those are compounds of crases of και (e.g. και + ἐγω = καγω).

Perhaps they are supposed to show up in the word study.

• Like 2

The web browser in Accordance 14 slows typing down to a crawl. Windows 10. I also noticed that Firefox does not play well with Accordance forums. MS Edge does well, but that may be a Firefox issue. I am typing this in the Accordance web browser. It is like I am still in 1992 with Windows 3.0 🙂

I like the software hopefully the bugs can get worked out.

• Like 4

Still broken. -- Connecting two words with the highlighter pen fails (line jumps to a different position). I tried to connect Christ in both sentences.

Edited by jarcher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pastor Jonathan said:

cannot complete an operation in the file "C:/programData/Accordance/Modules/Tools/Clarke's Commentary.atool", since that file is locked. 

@Pastor Jonathan I have the same problem with the same module. I'm using Acc. 14.0.3 on Windows 11. I've reported it by email to Tech Support and they're investigating. Apparently it may be due to the presence of the apostrophe in the filename (Clarke's). I get a locked file error with this module and with another module, also containing an apostrophe. (All modules without apostrophes in the filename install normally.) However, while using Acc 13, I successfully installed several modules that contained apostrophes - but not with v.14.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also, help files still seem to be on Accordance 13. These need to be updated to 14.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mikeatnip said:

The web browser in Accordance 14 slows typing down to a crawl. Windows 10. I also noticed that Firefox does not play well with Accordance forums. MS Edge does well, but that may be a Firefox issue. I am typing this in the Accordance web browser. It is like I am still in 1992 with Windows 3.0 🙂

I like the software hopefully the bugs can get worked out.

I've also noticed this as well.  In fact, when I have a web browser open in Accordance, along with a text window, if I live click a word to do a word study nothing happens.  Accordance also is unable to close down.  I have to force close the program as a result.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Those are compounds of crases of και (e.g. και + ἐγω = καγω).

Perhaps they are supposed to show up in the word study.

Thank you for the clarification. But the Hebrew words are clearly wrong.

• Like 2

Still a frustrating problem:

On 3/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, Anonymous said:

Targums Wordmap problems:

1. Whenever I amplify (triple click, live click, right-click then search etc.) from the Targums Wordmap Accordance just crashes and I have to start all over. This is very frustrating.

Edited by Anonymous
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Gordon Lyons said:

@Pastor Jonathan I have the same problem with the same module. I'm using Acc. 14.0.3 on Windows 11. I've reported it by email to Tech Support and they're investigating. Apparently it may be due to the presence of the apostrophe in the filename (Clarke's). I get a locked file error with this module and with another module, also containing an apostrophe. (All modules without apostrophes in the filename install normally.) However, while using Acc 13, I successfully installed several modules that contained apostrophes - but not with v.14.

Same problem with me. Just got some modules from the Classic 7 Bundle. Most of them have apostrophes, so they are locked. I am wondering if I am able to rename the files as a workaround, or will that mess up links? Accordance 14 on Windows 10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeatnip said:

I am wondering if I am able to rename the files as a workaround, or will that mess up links? Accordance 14 on Windows 10.

@mikeatnip I tried renaming the files/folders by removing all occurrences of the apostrophes within the file names. However, it didn't work - possibly because there were still some embedded apostrophes within the code itself. Even if I had succeeded, I don't think it would have been possible to update the contents of these modules since they would have a slightly different filename from the original (lacking the apostrophe.)

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 5:52 AM, Pastor Jonathan said:

Another issue I am having is downloading and installing new purchases. 

I can download but when I install, I get an error:

Not sure what that means. Thanks. 

I just installed the Greek Hebrew Learner package, and had three instances of locked files.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the locked files. Have we provided any updated information on this yet?

This might be another one: 

Multiple users are reporting this, so this one needs resolution:

• Like 1