It’s Official: Nathan Parker Joins the Accordance Family

Dr. Nathan Parker

It’s official. As of January 2023, I (Nathan Parker) have officially joined the Accordance family. This week, the team is getting my Accordance email account and forum admin privileges increased, but I can already begin my work for Accordance while I’m awaiting the rest of the details to be finished. I’m starting off as part-time in marketing and training until I complete my PhD program (which will be early this year), then I will likely take on additional roles within the company and work full-time for Accordance when I become “Dr. Parker”. 

Most of you already know me well from the forums, but for a little introduction, I was born and currently live in Hot Springs, Arkansas. I spent a few years in the North Georgia Mountains during my time in Bible college. I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts and M Div in Biblical Languages at Luther Rice College and Seminary, and I’m almost finished with a PhD in Systematic and Biblical Theology at SWBTS under the supervision of Dr. Craig Blaising. I’ve been an Accordance user since I switched to a Mac in 2006, although I “took the plunge” with a larger library shortly after Accordance 10 was released. I now use Accordance as my primary Bible app. I also am aware of the other major player in the Bible software industry, as I’ve used their app for a few years (actually quite a bit longer than that, I used theirs while I was still a teenager). 🙂 

In addition to working for Accordance, I’m still working at my weather job (Earth Networks/AEM, formerly WeatherBug), as I have fun monitoring the weather in addition to Bible study. I’m also a licensed HAM radio operator (N5PKR), love taking photos, also play the piano (my Christmas album is on Apple Music and Spotify), and enjoy Bible study.

I’m excited for the opportunity to work with Troy Wormell, Richard and Linda Perry, and the rest of the Accordance family. I want to take a moment to also thank Michele Bozzacco who has been my Accordance CS rep, plus those who worked for Accordance in the past I’ve interacted with, including: Roy and Helen Brown, Richard Mansfield, Mark Allison, and “Dr. J.”. I’m also praying for Dr. J’s health during this time. 

Accordance has some of its brightest days ahead, and I look forward to being a part of Accordance’s future. I’ll be posting a series of forum posts with some customer feedback surveys coming up so I can gather some marketing research for Richard. I’m also teaching a webinar on Accordance 14 on Thursday afternoon for those interested to help kick off my career here at Accordance.

Thanks again for allowing me to serve you, our Accordance customer family! I’m here and ready to be of service to all of you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Congratulation!

Where do you see yourself on the tease scale? At the rick/mark level??????

;o) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great news Nathan...

• Like 1

Awesome. Congrats...and good for Accordance. 

• Like 1

@Nathan Parker

Hey Mister (gotta sneak that in before the title upgrade, right? :) ),

It's good for us to see enthusiastic new staff. When the time is right, do share what's given you such a passion for the job.

May your tenure be filled with joy and multiplicative ministry as you link customers with staff in two-way communication.

All the best with finishing up your Ph.D. Just beware the trap of the first 90% of the thesis taking up only 50% of the time. :P

Here's a memento of your pre-Accordance-forum-privileges days that you can revisit once the forum-privileges upgrade goes through and you're in the hot seat with a flame underneath:

image.png.818a8614c149175dd44f59149f0fa95d.png

• Like 1

@Nathan ParkerCongrats!!

• Like 1

Congrats Nathan! I am confident you will do a great job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Where do you see yourself on the tease scale? At the rick/mark level??????

At least at that level or more. 🙂 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lawrence said:

Hey Mister (gotta sneak that in before the title upgrade, right? :) ),

It's good for us to see enthusiastic new staff. When the time is right, do share what's given you such a passion for the job.

May your tenure be filled with joy and multiplicative ministry as you link customers with staff in two-way communication.

All the best with finishing up your Ph.D. Just beware the trap of the first 90% of the thesis taking up only 50% of the time. :P

Here's a memento of your pre-Accordance-forum-privileges days that you can revisit once the forum-privileges upgrade goes through and you're in the hot seat with a flame underneath:

At least you’ll get to be one of the final people who had the privilege of calling me mister before the title upgrade. 🙂 

I’ve been a long-time Accordance user, and I’ve used Bible software for years. I’ve also interacted with a ton of biblical material through my Bachelor, Masters, and PhD programs. I also have a love of technology. Combine it all, and I am thrilled to be working for Accordance. I honestly wasn’t expecting it a while back when I started my PhD program. I thought I’d mostly teach in seminary (I still plan to do some of that as well), but when I started having discussions with the Accordance marketing team last year, I could feel the Lord calling me to serve at Accordance, and that I could serve effectively in such a role. There is much I can do for Accordance and for its customers, and much I can do to serve the Lord in this role. I’m thankful the opportunity became available.

• Like 3

Eagle-eyed forum users might notice something a little different about Nathan's profile...

• Like 1

🤔

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta
  • Like 1

Nathan, congratulations on your new role at Accordance.  I'm especially pleased that they have recruited a seasoned user.     Every blessing. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sean Nelson said:

Eagle-eyed forum users might notice something a little different about Nathan's profile...

@Sean Nelson I noticed that a short while ago.

Many congratulations, @Nathan Parker. I think you're going to be very busy. May God be with you in all that you do in His service.

• Like 1

Yes, it looks like Pentecost has descended upon my profile! 🙂 

Glad to be here and getting to work. I’m going to thoroughly enjoy serving Accordance!

• Like 1

And your previous green star now shows you as perpetually having a party (or is that lighting fireworks?]!!!!

• Like 1

Could be both!

• Haha 1

Moved this to Announcements since it’s a better place for it.

So glad to see you come on Nathan Parker!  Your positive energy is refreshing and encouraging.  Appreciate the videos you made.  Best wishes in your new endeavor.

• Like 1

Hey, Congratulations on your new job and role at Accordance Bible Software Mr. Nathan Parker! 

מזל טוב על העבודה החדשה שלך

! העבודה הקשה שלך בהחלט תביא לך הון גדול

Edited by Brian K. Mitchell
  • Like 1

Nathan, it’s fantastic how much effort you’re putting into communicating with the user base. This is reassuring to many of us who had concerns after the recent release. It’s good to have you on board. 😃

• Like 2

Glad to be of assistance!

congratulations Nathan!

Edited by Luckylou1980
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Luckylou1980 said:

I’m curious as to who is Nathan Parker? (No disrespect intended) . I never heard of him and what is his position?

He literally just introduced himself at the top of this thread to answer those exact questions. Did you miss it?

• Like 1

I did that’s why I made a congratulations post. I assumed the question was edited before it was sent. On my end I don’t even see the post regarding who he was.

• Like 1