Can't even connect to the internet

voyager

I see all the other "can't update" comments, so this is probably related, but different.

I'm running Accordance 10.4.5 on a virtual MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) on Parallels Desktop. Everything was fine when the Parallels was set up for wifi, but then I switched to a direct ethernet connection (and changed my Parallels prefs). Other apps in this new setup have no trouble working after that (I can run Safari and print), but Accordance says "Active internet connection not found." I've looked and looked for some Accordance setting that needs to be changed and can't find one.

I understand that there are several layers to my setup, but it did work when I used wifi - so I hope someone can explain how to get Accordance to understand that there _is_ an active internet connection. I can worry about the app refusing to update the content after that. :D

Thanks!

Hi @voyager,

I agree that sounds really odd, and I actually can't find anything about internet options in the Accordance preferences either. This is a long shot, but have your tried just completely shutting the program down and restarting? Sometimes that helps.

If it doesn't I know there is a way to sort of clean up settings (which would hopefully clear the old internet), but I don't remember how. So hopefully someone else or @Tech Support can help out.

Kristin

17 hours ago, voyager said:

I see all the other "can't update" comments, so this is probably related, but different.

I'm running Accordance 10.4.5 on a virtual MacOS 10.11.6 (El Capitan) on Parallels Desktop. Everything was fine when the Parallels was set up for wifi, but then I switched to a direct ethernet connection (and changed my Parallels prefs). Other apps in this new setup have no trouble working after that (I can run Safari and print), but Accordance says "Active internet connection not found." I've looked and looked for some Accordance setting that needs to be changed and can't find one.

I understand that there are several layers to my setup, but it did work when I used wifi - so I hope someone can explain how to get Accordance to understand that there _is_ an active internet connection. I can worry about the app refusing to update the content after that. :D

Thanks!

I think your problem is related to the security certificates in El Capitan. Take a look at this thread:

If you can't get the internet connection re-established, you may want to call technical assistance.

Thanks, everyone. I checked for an Accordance certificate and couldn't find any. Possibly when I moved Accordance off my main computer onto the virtual one, it got lost? (I never heard of having to transfer a certificate.) I checked the previous computer and there's no certificate there, either - though of course there's no Accordance any more, as well.

Donald and/or Jonna - did the certificate check work?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue.  Accordance says no internet connection but other programs (chrome, outlook, itunes, kindle) can all access the internet.  Really needed to download a module for Sunday.  Tried Accordance live chat on Friday morning but they were offline.  Got an email asking for user name.  Replied to email and no response since.  

Tried the keychain thing.  Still no go on the downloads.

Call them. They are very good on the phone.

16 minutes ago, Christopher Young said:

I'm having the same issue.  Accordance says no internet connection but other programs (chrome, outlook, itunes, kindle) can all access the internet.  Really needed to download a module for Sunday.  Tried Accordance live chat on Friday morning but they were offline.  Got an email asking for user name.  Replied to email and no response since.  

Tried the keychain thing.  Still no go on the downloads.

Chris, have you tried shutting down and restarting Accordance? Is this happening on both Mac and Windows platforms?

Try this and let me know if this works: