Locked file message installing modules

jademps

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anyone has seen this issue while trying to install Accordance 14 on Windows 10 (Windows 10 is fully updated)  I am getting the error message that reads, "Cannot complete an operation in  the file "C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\Tools\Pensees.atool", since the file is locked"  it is doing this on all of the modules once I click "OK" it moves to the next which brings up the same error.  If so any way to fix it?

Thanks for any help in advance!

• Like 1

I've got the same problem. Thanks for a solution.

• Like 1

The 'locked file' error message is a known bug that the Accordance staff are working on right now. I have had the same issue with some of my modules. 

• Like 2

A work-around is to install version 13, then the new modules. When done you can install v.14 on top of it all. When removing v.14, be sure and click "keep content" then you won't have to download it again.

• Like 1

It looks like it's now also affecting v.13. The first two posters appear to be using that version. I know Accordance staff are aware of the issue, but they may be giving higher priority to other bugs elsewhere. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gordon Lyons said:

It looks like it's now also affecting v.13. The first two posters appear to be using that version. I know Accordance staff are aware of the issue, but they may be giving higher priority to other bugs elsewhere. 

Hi Gordon. Actually it looks like they're both talking about v.14. The first is writing about v.14 in his post, and the second has v.14 on his profile info. 

• Like 2

When I installed version 14, there were some strange problems. Among others, the problem with the user modules that were no longer installable. 

I deleted Accordance completely and reinstalled it, the modules were all freshly downloaded from the server. But during the installation process I got several messages that the files were blocked and could not be installed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Don Bedsole said:

Hi Gordon. Actually it looks like they're both talking about v.14. The first is writing about v.14 in his post, and the second has v.14 on his profile info. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I've contacted Accordance tech by email, and they're working on this issue. In my case, the locked files appear to be related to the presence of an apostrophe in the module's file name. I don't know if this is the same in other cases, however,

Edited by Gordon Lyons
  • Like 1

I had a similar issue earlier (possibly v.13, but if so, it would have been close to the v.14 launch date). In my case, there was something wrong with the file containing one of the Bibles, and re-downloading / full uninstall-reinstall didn't solve it. Eventually, a programmer sent me a good copy of the file manually, and then the installation went through properly.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I had a similar issue earlier (possibly v.13, but if so, it would have been close to the v.14 launch date). In my case, there was something wrong with the file containing one of the Bibles, and re-downloading / full uninstall-reinstall didn't solve it. Eventually, a programmer sent me a good copy of the file manually, and then the installation went through properly.

I, too, got a copy sent manually by Tech Support, But it didn't work for me because some of my module names contain apostrophes, which isn't recognised as a valid file name. So I'm still waiting on a fix to resolve my locked files problem.

• Like 2

@Gordon Lyons

Sorry to hear that.

If the problem causes installation issues, there's not a lot you can do.

But if the file is already downloaded, you may be able to manually rename it yourself.

This is a long-standing problem (see below) and maybe there's more to it than meets the eye.

But if the apostrophe is the only problem, it seems straightforward for Accordance to fix.

Collate all users with this file, rename the file to drop the apostrophe, then reassign the new name to the collated users.

• Like 1

@Lawrence Many thanks for that suggestion. I was wondering if that might be a possible answer. I'll give it a try later on when I get the opportunity.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I removed all the apostrophes from the various occurrences of the word, Reader's in the folders and internal files. I then tried a manual start (not Easy Install) from within the Tools folder. Accordance started successfully but it failed to load the appropriate module. (Reader's GNT Lexicon.)

This seems to be a problem with v.14 only. I already have a number of other modules containing apostrophes that installed successfully via Easy Install. However, all these were installed when I was using Acc. v.13x.

I can wait until this issue is resolved. It's not urgent for me, since I can use BDAG, TDNT, and others instead.

• Like 1

I too have had had issues trying to load several modules after upgrading from 13.x to 14.x. I kept getting a locked file message when using Easy Install. After seeing this thread tonight, I removed 14.x and reloaded 13.x to see if that would work, and it did. I did notice all the modules that would not load in 14 had special characters, either apostrophes or accented vowels. I hope this bug gets resolved soon, but at least I am back up and running for now.

• Like 1

Accordance 14.0.4 will resolve the apostrophe issue once released. We’re in the process of testing it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Accordance 14.0.4 will resolve the apostrophe issue once released. We’re in the process of testing it.

Great! Thanks for the news @Nathan Parker. Good to be getting some updates on issues like these.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Yes, thank you for attending to this bug.

• Like 1

Great news, Nathan. I have several modules from the last month or two waiting to be installed. (All locked files with apostrophes.)

• Like 1