Stuck "Checking for Updates"

Andrew Nance

The "checking for updates" menu automatically pops up when I start Accordance and gets stuck halfway through. I tried restarting my computer and restarting Accordance after clearing the startup session and caches. The program still works but won't close unless I force close it through task manager because the update is still trying to run. I recently upgraded to Acc 14, running on Windows 10. 

2022-12-20.png

I had the same problem. I went to Edit > Preferences > Updates and de-selected the check for update boxes. So now it doesn't try to update all the time and I can close without task manager. I still can't actually update either the app (from 14.02 to 14.03) or the contents, but I assume this problem will be fixed soon by the A team. Yesterday when I tried to manually update the app it would say I already have the most current version, whereas today it says this:

image.png.4bead6d8647849eda09146855aaab181.png

@docdave

This might be related to the problem Accordance is having with server migration.

To avoid overloading a single computer with tons of server requests, content is replicated across multiple machines.

Based on what others have found, the replication platform (not Accordance) ended up diverting Accordance traffic to an unsavoury site.

If this is the problem, Accordance should be able to resolve this in a day or two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lawrence said:

@docdave

This might be related to the problem Accordance is having with server migration.

To avoid overloading a single computer with tons of server requests, content is replicated across multiple machines.

Based on what others have found, the replication platform (not Accordance) ended up diverting Accordance traffic to an unsavoury site.

If this is the problem, Accordance should be able to resolve this in a day or two.

Thanks Lawrence. I am thinking the same thing. I will be patient and give it at least a few days to resolve since it is not imperative that I update anything right now.

• Like 1