v14.0.3 Text Display Settings not Saving in Dark Mode

Misulejoha

@Silas Marrs

When I use dark mode the text is a light grey color, which for me is ok but it strains my eyes a bit.  If you look at the Preview window it clearly shows the settings I want to achieve (i.e white text, green references, and red search highlighting. Unfortunately, when I exit out of preferences you can see from the screenshot that the settings don’t stick. Here’s where it gets interesting. When I select another translation from the drop down menu (ie Legacy Standard to ESV) the text changes to what I originally set them for (ex white text, green reference, red search highlighting). Unfortunately again when I exit out of Accordance and reopen it, the text settings revert back to the grey text, white reference and white search highlighting. I hope this makes sense with the screenshots.  I've put them in the order of the steps I described above.

If you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this

Screenshot 2022-12-16 203236DarkMode1.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-16 203236DarkMode2.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-16 203236DarkMode3.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-16 203236DarkMode4.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-16 203236DarkMode5.jpg

Acc 14.0.3 Win10 - I am also having a similar issue and I'm not in Dark Mode. When I open a new tab, the text defaults to a non-serif font. I can change the point size, but the font always remains the same. In the Set Text Display window, the Font option is blank. I can change it to any of the loaded fonts, but it will revert back to the blank box when I reopen the Set Text Display window.

image.png.fc919b965d22c092636c51be5c772357.png

Edited by JSBesen

I just tried this and the Preview pane does not reflect the font being selected. Win 10, Acc 14.0.3

This is using the gear wheel - set text display as @JSBesen did

Edited by Erhard
add info

Using the preferences, fonts could be changed and the preview works there. Dark mode though has a problem.

• Like 1

Hi,

Accordance 14.0.3, Windows 11. Thanks for the new releases!

I also have the problem that text color is not saved in dark mode (Settings> Text Display > Search highlighting color).

Additionally, Accordance window position and maximization are not saved--sometimes Accordance even opens off the visible screen and it is difficult to even access it.

Thanks,

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Fox said:

Hi,

Accordance 14.0.3, Windows 11. Thanks for the new releases!

I also have the problem that text color is not saved in dark mode (Settings> Text Display > Search highlighting color).

Additionally, Accordance window position and maximization are not saved--sometimes Accordance even opens off the visible screen and it is difficult to even access it.

Thanks,

John

I am also experiencing the isame issue with the Accordance window position either not on the screen or only partially showing.

• Like 1