Update stuck

Erhard

It seems that after the last Windows update, the update in Accordance gets stuck. I tried this on a couple of computers with the same result.

image.thumb.png.2a9dc0a441d968da079c18ba4af0914a.png

• Like 2

I'm also having this problem. Accordance automatically attempts to update upon startup, and then it keeps trying to update, and I can't do anything else with the program. I'm not able to use Accordance until there's a fix for this.

If you start Accordance in Safe Mode and disable the automatic updates upon startup, you can then update the program to the latest update from within Safe Mode. That seems to fix the issue.

• Like 2

I just updated to 14.0.3 and when you check for content updates it still gives the error message. If you do "easy install" first, even if you have nothing to install and then go to updates, it works.

• Like 2

Thanks! Hopefully that clue will help me track down the issue.

• Like 2

I had the same problem and started Accordance in safe mode and removed "General" settings, and it worked fine afterwards.  (But that was just a day ago).  :)

Like all of you, I had that problem, but I had a Workspace open, too. I opened Utilities and checked for an App Update and it gave me the latest version. After the latest update, it performed its Content Update without any issues. However, if you do not have a Workspace open, I can see where Safe Mode is the way to go.

I just had this issue with my Windows computer.

Solution for me:

Open Accordance in safe mode by immediately pressing and holding the ALT key after starting until safe mode menu appears. Then select do not check for updates. Then press continue button on the menu. Accordance opens in safe mode. Select Utilities and check for APP update to install latest update. The latest app update installed correctly. Then choose check for content update. This returned a server error message. I tried again and two content updates downloaded and installed. Accordance is working now.

I have not checked my Mac computer but safe mode uses OPT key if problem is on Mac installations.

Hope this helps.

On 12/16/2022 at 7:18 PM, Silas Marrs said:

Thanks! Hopefully that clue will help me track down the issue.

Hi @Silas Marrs.

My Accordance has been working very well since I removed "General" settings in safe mode.  Even before I went to version 14, i was having the occasional issue with Accordance, and some of the menu's were not working well, and it may or may not open.  Since the General settings cleanup, it seems to work perfectly, and the options I was missing before are back.  I haven't programmed in many years, but I am wondering about the possibility of some of the options becoming corrupted over a period of time.  Maybe even after new updates are added.  The corruption may not be enough to cause the program to fail outright, but just enough to make it unstable.  And, maybe, in version 14, the problem became more prominent.  (Just throwing out ideas.)

I see many comments from people having issues, and by the sounds of it, they were long time users of Accordance.  I wonder if a clean install has any issues?

I was trying to update Accordance to the newest version 14.0.3, but it is giving me a strange information.

But no panic from my side - it works :)

image.png.29fdd2f8c3c735a51c237ed171f1be93.png

Roman

(Mac version; mac OS Big Sur v. 11.7.2; on M2 MacBook Air - it is fine and newest version)

On 12/16/2022 at 4:15 PM, bjnoonan said:

If you start Accordance in Safe Mode and disable the automatic updates upon startup, you can then update the program to the latest update from within Safe Mode. That seems to fix the issue.

I am having same problem, but when I open Accordance in safe mode (with networking) it won't let me update to 14.0.3...does not seem to be finding the internet.

17 minutes ago, docdave said:

I am having same problem, but when I open Accordance in safe mode (with networking) it won't let me update to 14.0.3.

I wonder if you could get tech support to send you a link to V14.0.3 and install it that way?

• Like 1