Update to Ventura?

Julia Falling

I've yet to update my MBP to Ventura (the Mac mini is too old to update).  Any cautions? 

Ventura did make my text-to-speech within Accordance stop working

• Sad 1

Thanks for the response.  

I don't use text to speech much, but that will have to be fixed for those who do.

We never used to worry about upgrading our Mac OS.  Never worried about upgrading Accordance, either.  I finally got Accordance 13 reinstalled on laptop and desktop again.  Had to reinstall on iPad, too.  Not upgrading to Accord 14 until I hear consistently glowing reports.

I guess I go ahead and install Ventura.  Checked with a geeky friend who is running it without any issues. 

I have updated to Ventura. It just had an update just this week to macOS 13.1

Thanks, David.

Any glaring problems?  I've just updated.  We'll see how it goes.  Haven't done much yet.  

I’ve been using  Ventura since it came out and it’s had no negative effect on my work or the way I use Accordance at all. It’s actually helped in many areas, especially stage manager. 

Edited by A. Smith

I didnt think ventura was still going?
it was the first dtp i used back in the 80s before i switched to pagemaker!

🤔

• Haha 2

Adam – 

Thanks for your reply.  Y'all are encouraging.  Ventura will get a test today.  Since I really don't do anything complicated, or run any really specialized or fringe software, and don't even push my M1 Pro processor, I don't expect any trouble (now that I have testimony from y'all).

I've missed all of you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Julia Falling said:

Thanks for the heads-up!

This is actually a dropbox update, not a macOS update. I don't suggest you skip it, but just so that you know where the change is coming from. For me, the change is positive as I've been quite annoyed that dropbox placed itself in my finder sidebar favorites despite my not wanting it as a favorite. Now it's in the locations section of the sidebar (same place as your HDD, external disks, etc), which is less obtrusive imo. 

• Like 1

I've had an issue after upgrading to Ventura 13.1:

My text accents have gotten messed up somehow. See attached photo.

Does anyone know if this is an Accordance issue, or a Mac OS issue? I'm in Accordance  13.3.4 right now.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 10.47.14 AM.png

Wonky display issues can often be fixed on the Mac by quitting and restarting Accordance in safe mode: hold the option key when restarting. Select "clean up installed fonts"

• Like 1

I haven’t had any major issues with Ventura and Accordance, and overall, the updates have been solid, except enabling iCloud Advanced Privacy and the new HomeKit stuff was a real pain.