Staying on 13 until new release is stable.

Harry E Johns III

I want to support you so I went ahead and paid for the upgrade. No problem there. Can you send an email out when you get the next iteration done? Results so far:

1. I tried a new install  on Windows 11 (my test machine), it didn't bring my existing library in correctly.

2. The upgrade library module on 13 has always been iffy and hangs. Most times if you update the library first, it is ok (windows 10).

3.   Long term, I think you need to consider converting the software to 64 bit and consider a Linux version (shouldn't be too hard since Mac is built on Unix).

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas. Take some time off and enjoy family (including the strange Uncle (if you have one).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Cruising through the forums now trying to figure out how to get Accordance working on Windows 11.  Posts like yours are a discouraging site.  Good suggestion though.

@Harry E Johns III,

I would love to see a Linux. I use it as a daily driver. 

However, this has been asked for many times across this forum and there are two responses. Not enough programers to make it happen, and not enough users on Linux to make it happen either. 

They are working on a Cloud version which will be accessed through the web browser, and that is about as close as we are going to get now. 

I would say that if you can get all you know on Linux to switch over to use Accordance, that would help move in that direction, but it just isn't enough yet. 

Believe me, I would absolutely love to have it though. I run a Debian base Distro and then a VM to run my Accordance on a Virtual Windows. 

• Like 1

I haven't heard about the online version.  I'll go check the site to see if there is any mention of the progress.  Right now I'm unusable on Windows and I'm making an effort to move on from Macos.  It's been a number of years since I used Linux on a regular basis.  I may just be content with the web version running on Windows or start the crossgrade process to the competitor.

• Like 1

The Mac version is 64 Bit. I don’t have an ETA on a 64 Bit Windows version yet, but if I hear anything, I’ll let you know.

I’ll mention to our marketing team about including version update info in our weekly sales emails so you’ll be aware when new versions are released.

I’ve already commented on the possibility of a Linux version elsewhere on here, so please read those other threads for my comments. Short answer is: there’s not enough Accordance users who would run Accordance Desktop on Linux at the moment to justify development costs/support for it. 

We are working on Accordance Cloud that will allow you to access your Accordance library in a web browser. That will be one solution for Linux users. There is no ETA on it at the moment due to us resolving the launch day issues in Accordance 14 desktop, but a 2023 launch is still likely.

@Anthony,

Yes, I agree with the sentiment of leaving both Mac and MS.

It can be done for the most part unless you need specialized apps.

Linux has really made strides on being user friendly (my two kids were just gifted Linux powered Chromebooks gutted of all Google stuff). 

I would recommend using Mint to start with.

Here is a good thread I mention my setup.

• Like 1

I like the idea of Linux, and overall it’s a nice alternative to the other two. I wish it could take off even more. I enjoyed my time on Linux Mint and Pop!_OS. It’s just still not quite there yet though for my daily needs (or for us considering a Linux version of Accordance Desktop).

I’ve thought about getting a ChromeBook in the past, but I don’t think I’d get enough use out of one. I’m saving my money and putting it toward an M2 MacBook Air instead. The good news is Accordance Cloud will play great with ChromeBooks, so it’s one more platform it’ll be super-useful on.