Hyper Links will not work in User Tools

cralford

Creating a user tool in v. 14 with verses hyperlinked using the auto feature results in a crash when clicking on these same hyperlinks. They also do not appear in instant detail. Any work arounds?

• Like 1

Hi @cralford,

A few people have reported broken link issues, so hopefully they are already working to fix it. In the meantime, something that "might" be a workaround is using a different version? I had been looking for the thread and can't find it, but some other user was having issues with links only opening in some random language he did not speak, and he "resolved" it temporarily by putting the version he wanted to view as a parallel.

So this is not a solution by any means, but if you are using the ESV or whatever, try creating links with the NIV or something. It would be diagnostic if nothing else.

Kristin

• Like 1

Hi @cralford, I have the same issue when the User Tools is General.

My workaround is: change it to Commentary in Tool Options.

image.png.603a641f4fe1e920143a3a1700e8672e.png

• Like 1

Thank you both for your input. I will work on both of these options. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was also having the same problem with random verse hyperlinks from a User Tool not showing in Instant Details. Additionally, when I would try to click on the hyperlink, Accordance (14.0.3) would crash. Converting the tool to Commentary restored functionality of the verse hyperlink. Thanks @simonau for the suggestion!

• Like 1