Accordance Preferences and consistent crash at EULA window

Julia Falling

I installed Accordance 14 when it became available.  The install went smoothly.  As I used it, however, I noticed that the install had rearranged my Library.  So I quit Accordance and replaced the Preference in User Library/Preference/Accordance Preferences with a copy of the Prefs I saved, zipped, in a back-up folder.  Now, when I start Accordance, it goes to a set-up window asking for indication to EULA agreement.  I agree, and separate, smaller, window pops up in front of the first EULA window, I get the spinning beach ball, then an immediate crash.  

I have reinstalled Accordance 14.  Same result.  

Is there anything I can do?   If I reinstall Accordance 13 will I have a functioning program or a bigger mess?

Edited by Julia Falling
I cleared Cache – com.OakTree.Accordance – then installed Accordance 13. Couldn't get past the EULA window. Went back to version 14. Still can't get past the EULA. window.

I have a non-functioning program.

sorry Julia! perhaps best to go back to v13 - I did this with heavy heart but would rather have a functioning program…. I find everything to do with v14 and the staff changes to be unsettling but there is a message in there about not becoming too invested

• Like 1

Hi @Julia Falling,

This is just a thought, but it appears that the backup preferences you had were not fully unzipped (and thus unreadable by Accordance), or the preferences are no longer readable because of changes made to v.14. I find it very unclear what Accordance can no longer read, but people have reported a lot of issues with Tools no longer being readable, so it sounds like that.

I would suppose if you went back to v.13 your issues would go away.

oh, I just see now what @Leopold Green said, so I obviously agree.

Kristin

• Like 1

I've reinstalled Accordance 13 from scratch – on a desktop and laptop. Accordance won't even arrange my Library as it was before.  I saved those Preferences, too (User Library/Preference/Accordance Preferences).  I'm finding the whole experience very frustrating.  It's enough to make one go back to all paper!

Thanks, Leopold and Kristin.  I used to be a beta tester for both Accord (for versions 10-13) and iAccord.  Then I had a mild stroke (I have only minor residual symptoms now).  I'm grateful that I didn't lose my Greek, but I did find that, for a while, I couldn't handle frustration well.  I've never encountered such problems with an Accordance release before.  Thanks for supporting the "back to 13" proposal.  I'm was encouraged that someone else was thinking the same way and that it worked.

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 1

I wondered why I didn't see you participating in the beta or elsewhere in the forums. I was inactive in the forums for several years, and when I returned I missed your "voice."  I'm sorry to hear about your stroke, but glad you are doing better.  

I’m really sorry to hear you have been ill Julia and hope you continue to feel better! 

Thanks, Lorinda and Leopold.  My stroke really was mild.  No pain.  Most symptoms improved rapidly. It would have been less "bumpy" the first month had I not had two setbacks precipitated by an NP who was really not qualified to treat a stroke patient.  After those incidents, we made a big push to see the doctor.  Things went very smoothly after that.  What really surprised me was how many things were affected by what really was a mlld stroke.  It took 4 years for my AIC to drop back to normal.  I had never had elevated blood sugar.  My doctor told me that even a mild stroke is an assault on the entire body.  Both the neurologist in the hospital (had only a 36 hour stay) and my PCP said the stroke was a "fluke".  My doc is a Christian, and I told him that it may have been a fluke medically, but wasn't a fluke theologically.  God had a purpose in it – and I don't have to know what it was.  The stroke was on my right side so it was the small motor skills in my left hand were slightly impaired (and I'm left-handed).  So a year and a half ago I got back into the fountain pen habit and have been working on memorizing the Westminster Shorter Catechism – a way to practice my handwriting.  I've always found writing a good aid to memorization.

Anyway, I'm doing well, even for an old lady who's had a stroke.  Wouldn't wish such it on anyone.  Most of the improvement was in the first 6 months.  After a year it really slows.  I'm now 4 years out, and I can still see slow improvement in spite of advancing years (I turn 71 this month).  Staying active with normal life (church, family, friends, household stuff, garden) really helps, but those things are important for all of us.

• Like 2