Crash after attempting sync and now IOS app crashes at launch

Brent Lawrence

Upgraded recently to desktop version 14 and just attempted to sync notes and sermon user tool for use this morning. IOS app crashed during sync. When I attempted to relaunch the app, it now crashes immediately rendering the IOS version unusable. Tested on my iPad and my iPhone. This happens consistently. 

• Thanks 1

For the ios, go to settings and remove the saved session. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Thanks for that tip. Went into the settings and removed it and it re-launched. Sadly, my user tool is not able to be opened because it "requires a newer version."

Edited by Brent Lawrence

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

Were you able to revert to v.13?

I have not reverted to v.13. I'm hoping the IOS version will catch up...

As posted in another thread, I have been unable to sync between Accordance 13.3.4 and iOS Accordance 3.3.1

I have been waiting for an update to iOS Accordance. I too tried Accordance 14, and sync does not work.

It has been more than 5 months since the last iOS update. Fixing Accordance 14.x is appropriately the apparent priority.

9 hours ago, Brent Lawrence said:

I have not reverted to v.13. I'm hoping the IOS version will catch up...

They're firefighting at the moment. Now that they've settled the glaring problems with the desktop versions with 14.0.2, I expect that they're moving on to cross-device compatibility. Accordance 14 uses a different file format from Accordance 13 for tools: UTF-16 vs UTF-8, I think, to allow for more non-English character sets. There's a post on the forum that suggests a way to reverse this for individual tools. Another possibility is to go back to v.13.

Due to the file-format issue, after going back to v.13 on the desktop/laptop, you might also need to restore the backup of your v.13 data before doing another sync with the tablet.

Syncing modules between MacOS Accordance 14.0.2 and iOS Accordance 3.3.1 is not working for me.

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 10.19.32 AM.png

On 12/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, ukfraser said:

I did that, all the resets, etc but still iOS Accordance CRASHES EVERY TIME I try to check for Content Updates.  Latest iOS, latest Accordance.  Very frustrating.

49 minutes ago, barryfjacobson said:

I did that, all the resets, etc but still iOS Accordance CRASHES EVERY TIME I try to check for Content Updates.  Latest iOS, latest Accordance.  Very frustrating.

Gloom, sorry. Hopefully someone from accordance tech team will step in.

Interesting, something funny going on as mine is also crashing when checking for updates via easy install  and it wasnt a couple of weeks ago and i still havent downloaded 14. I can see my purchased resources that havent been installed ok and managed to download them a couple of days ago. 

so its only updated modules on both ipad and iphone which appear to crash before the list of available upgrades is shown. 
🤔

Edited by ukfraser