V.14 crashes when trying to open a Bible

Lawrence

I'm running Accordance V.14.0.1 on a PC.

1. Open Accordance.

2. Click the "+" in the "mixed" pane to open a Bible.

3. Select Modern Bibles - NIV or ESV.

4. Accordance crashes (auto-quit).

At step 2, I also tried closing all panes and opening NIV from the left menu. Still crashing.

More information for the above

Version: 10.0.22000 Build 22000

Model: Lenovo Ideapad 1

RAM: 4GB, VM: 7.65GB, Available VM: 2.66GB

I suspected that it was an issue with the preferences, but progressively clearing things through the safe-start process didn't help.

In the end, I uninstalled the app completely (including data), downloaded the V.14 installer again and reinstalled the app plus a few resources.

I can open the English Bibles now, but UBS5 (Greek) isn't in the list, and has also disappeared from Easy Install's list of resources I can install.

Looks like I'll need to wait for the next update to sort this out.

Can you tell me what versions of these modules you have?

• Thanks 1

Thanks for checking back.

I completely uninstalled Accordance 14 and reinstalled Accordance 13 on the same PC to test the import of PDFs.

If the module version number you're after is the same across 13 and 14, please show me how to access it and I'll get it for you.

Otherwise, as I can no longer reproduce this bug due to the uninstall of 14, we can consider this item closed.

On importing PDFs to user tools, though, there is a reproducible bug in 14 where importing a PDF resource with mixed English/Greek/Hebrew characters results in pages where it seems that only the characters from one of the languages at a time appears - e.g. some pages show the Greek characters in the correct locations on the page but do not display the English characters. A friend reported this in a student group and I confirmed the bug. After downgrading to 13 and re-importing the resource, the file displays correctly on my PC.

The resource is a Greek grammar for which the publisher Peter Lang has made the PDF available as a free download (link below).

https://www.peterlang.com/document/1111098?fbclid=IwAR3Suds_ld2LPDuAxkk9bHJ08jOYL8momj5UzFwH5VXbF_m7zwCQhuVKI9g

• Like 1

In the gear menu, do "About this text".  The module version is at the bottom of the pop up:  image.png

7 hours ago, Silas Marrs said:

In the gear menu, do "About this text".  The module version is at the bottom of the pop up:  image.png

Thanks for the instructions. Here are the version numbers:

New International Version (2011) (NIV11-GK) - Version 2.3

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version with Key Numbers (ESVS) - Version 6.5

The Greek New Testament, Fifth Revised Edition (UBS5-T) - Version 2.5

• Like 1