Fonts Display on Red... Temporary fix.

Paul Meiklejohn

This workaround appears to have reinstalled and kept my font display settings that I had in v.13.  I hope this is some value to to those who want to persist with 14 without the constant return to the Red fonts.

I pulled out 'Text Display.apref' from user/library/accordance preferences from a backup folder and used it to replace the equivalent file in v.14 Accordance prefs and everything was back to normal with all my colours back in place and staying fixed in the preferences.. (so far).  

in a previous post I also pointed that this works the user  folders in the library.

I pulled out 'User Tool Library.apref' from user/library/accordance preferences from a backup folder and used it to replace the equivalent file in v.14 Accordance prefs and everything was back to normal with all my folders and files back in place.  I just don't have the spacers, but that's not a big deal as I can insert them manually pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

On a related note, I lost the Instant Details window that showed Greek parsings on mouse-overs and managed to get it back by unticking and re-ticking the Instant Details option in the Window menu.

If the whole data directory is restored from backup, I wonder whether this would fix a lot of the Accordance 14 problems we're seeing. Maybe Accordance 14 just didn't load the preference files on its initial startup, then made its own defaults permanent, something that restoring the data directory can fix.