v. 14 Folders in Library have gone.

Paul Meiklejohn

Just to say that the sub-folders in my library have disappeared on my v.14 upgrade.

There were issues with this in the betas. Do you have a backup of your preference folder you can restore the tools/texts preference from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Michael, that's an excellent suggestion. Yes, I have a backup.  I'll get onto that tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Yup. v14 has utterly destroyed my library organization. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Interesting.  I did not have this problem.  I'm using Mac OS Monterey.  What OS are the rest of you on?

I had this problem on Big Sur when I installed V14 so I restored from a backup the Tool Library.apref file.  All was good again, so I renamed V14 to something else and then downloaded and installed V13 again. Again the Library subfolders and dividers were gone—replaced the errant file from backup a second time and both versions of Accordance are not changing the Library settings unless I am actually making the changes.

I guess before installing a new version I will backup all preferences in a safe area just in case I need to restore a preference file. ;)

—Joseph

• Like 2

I pulled out 'User Tool Library.apref' from user/library/accordance preferences from a backup folder and used it to replace the equivalent file in v.14 Accordance prefs and everything was back to normal with all my folders and files back in place.  I just don't have the spacers, but that's not a big deal as I can insert them manually pretty quickly.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1