v. 14 Folders in Library have gone.

Paul Meiklejohn

Just to say that the sub-folders in my library have disappeared on my v.14 upgrade.

There were issues with this in the betas. Do you have a backup of your preference folder you can restore the tools/texts preference from?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Michael, that's an excellent suggestion. Yes, I have a backup.  I'll get onto that tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Yup. v14 has utterly destroyed my library organization. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Interesting.  I did not have this problem.  I'm using Mac OS Monterey.  What OS are the rest of you on?

I had this problem on Big Sur when I installed V14 so I restored from a backup the Tool Library.apref file.  All was good again, so I renamed V14 to something else and then downloaded and installed V13 again. Again the Library subfolders and dividers were gone—replaced the errant file from backup a second time and both versions of Accordance are not changing the Library settings unless I am actually making the changes.

I guess before installing a new version I will backup all preferences in a safe area just in case I need to restore a preference file. ;)

—Joseph

• Like 2

I pulled out 'User Tool Library.apref' from user/library/accordance preferences from a backup folder and used it to replace the equivalent file in v.14 Accordance prefs and everything was back to normal with all my folders and files back in place.  I just don't have the spacers, but that's not a big deal as I can insert them manually pretty quickly.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I installed v14.03 on a Mac with Ventura 13.1. Before installing, I renamed the V13.4.2 file and backed up the Tool.Library.apref file.

The installation of V14.03 flattened the library file system (removed folders and dividers). I thought that issue might have been resolved by now, but trusted that replacing the mangled Tool.Library.apref file with the backup file would fix things as had happened on my BigSir OS machine. Each time a placed a properly working copy of the Tool.Library.apref file into the new install, it lost the file folders and dividers. Each time I exited Accordance, completely deleted the errant file, and replaced it with a known working copy.

To get a useful system again, I totally removed Accordance on the Ventura system and restored a useful working Accordance system by copy of files from the working Big Sur system.

The library organization removal bug of V14 has become more vexing!

—Joseph the Annoyed

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Solly said:

The library organization removal bug of V14 has become more vexing!

That’s too bad. .03 has fixed a lot. I was hoping it had resolved this too for new installs. 

• Like 1

I just experienced this yesterday.  How frustrating to go through the whole downloading process and preference setup once again.  I appreciate the suggestion of backing up my preferences and saving it to another location.  I wish I would have thought to do this earlier.  Oh well I'm back up and running.

What is the process for backing up preferences?

42 minutes ago, William Cross said:

What is the process for backing up preferences?

For macOS:

1. Open ~/Library:  Do this by selecting Go from the toolbar —> press the option key to make Library appear on the Go menu —> select Library

2. From the ~/Library folder, choose the Application Support folder

3. From the ~/Library/Application Support folder, choose Accordance

4. From the ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance folder, choose Accordance Preferences

5. You may make a copy of this folder and save it in a convenient place. The library arrangement preferences are found in the Tool.Library.apref file found within the ~/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences folder.

—Joseph

• Like 3