The release notes claim that 14.0.1 fixed the text color issues but it has not been fixed (FIXED IN 14.0.2)

miketisdell

Every time I go into preferences, the following colors are set as text colors. If I change any preferences, then my text colors are updated to GREEN for text and RED for highlighting. In order to keep my chosen colors, I have to make sure to set these colors to the correct colors before making any other preference changes. 

I am using Windows 10 and the screen you are looking at is what I saw after installing 14.0.1 and then going in and setting the colors, saving, and then returning to preferences. 

My chosen colors are DARK GRAY for the text and GREEN for search highlighting. 

image.thumb.png.f68ff6cffd272aab175480113793afbd.png

Edited by miketisdell

I am also noticing that sometimes just opening and closing text windows will change the default text color to GREEN, and then one must go into preferences to reset the colors back to the previous text color settings. 

PLEASE FIX THIS

Even worse it gets file preference text file errors when opening and ignores your changes

Hi. I am having similar if not the same issues with 14.0.1. I am wanting the default display text for Bibles to be black. I go into the Preferences menu, on the Default display for all Bibles and Text screen I change the color for texts to black. However, if I quit the program and then reopen it and open new texts, the text color has gone back to red. Thank you.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit Version: 22H2

OS Build 22621.819

8 GB RAM

Processor Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-10105 CPU @ 3.70GHz

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Computer Model: HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1025se

Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Edited by Don Bedsole

Please see this post for a temp. fix.

My fonts went red after a "safe" start in v14.01 on my desktop. It had refused to restart after clearing General in safe mode and would only restart if I cleared everything  and had to re download  etc.. I then could not fix the red font colour as it would complain about not being able  to read the preferences file on restart and revert back to red text again. Over installing with v13 solved all my preferences and download problems. v14.01 is running on my notebook and keeping the original preferences but I dare not change anything!

Clean Accordance 14.0.1 install on Windows 11 (all current updates) -- Text and Tool fonts are Red and return to 'Custom', that is Red, each time I start Accordance.

Maybe will uninstall, install 13 and wait for 14.0.2 :)

Edited by RPat

We should be releasing a fix tomorrow.  The bug is that the hit color is being used for both the hits and the rest of the text.  Typos in the code.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, Silas Marrs said:

We should be releasing a fix tomorrow.  The bug is that the hit color is being used for both the hits and the rest of the text.  Typos in the code.

Fixed in 14.0.2 Thanks!

• miketisdell changed the title to The release notes claim that 14.0.1 fixed the text color issues but it has not been fixed (FIXED IN 14.0.2)