Can we have a V14 recall?

A. Smith

6 hours ago, Michel Gilbert said:

The substantial events of the past two weeks, in a nutshell:

Those of us who beta tested were asked not to share any discussions about the closed program. But, it’s easy to gather that there were bugs, some were fixed and some weren’t, and Accordance 14 was quickly released to the public. I thought that many of the bugs must have been fixed with the release, but it turns out that they weren’t. And even though I haven’t had that much trouble in 14 for my workflow (which mostly consists reading), many others have.

Then, out of nowhere Rick informed us (in yesterday’s deleted post) that he was leaving in two weeks; then within an hour or so, he said he was leaving in two days (his idea).

So, all some of us are saying is that events of the past two weeks, from the end of beta testing to today, are inexplicable without any sort of explanation from Accordance; and we wonder how such a substantial chain of events haven’t warranted a substantial response yet from Accordance.

I invested in a good product with top quality modules and the best customer service/care. I’m not as concerned about the financial side of my investment (partly because it isn’t even close to the tens of thousands others have invested), as with my investment in Accordance’s customer service, which always provided transparency with the utmost integrity.

No one is threatening or accusing Accordance. If anything, users are just continuing the tradition of speaking to Accordance owners and employees, for mutual benefit. I still think that most users, if not all, want to continue their partnership with Accordance. But if their customer care begins to fall precipitously below previous levels, then the partnership is put at risk. Customer care affects the financials, one way or the other. All some of us want, based on the past, is some transparency and clarity, whatever the facts are and wherever they lead. And we will respond in kind, with whatever Accordance needs. We want to help Accordance succeed.

Well said

7 hours ago, KevinPurcell said:

What about on Windows? Can one install both side by side and not lose library organization and preferences?

On windows you need to install the Accordance Alpha V13

12 hours ago, Michel Gilbert said:

The substantial events of the past two weeks, in a nutshell:

Those of us who beta tested were asked not to share any discussions about the closed program. But, it’s easy to gather that there were bugs, some were fixed and some weren’t, and Accordance 14 was quickly released to the public. I thought that many of the bugs must have been fixed with the release, but it turns out that they weren’t. And even though I haven’t had that much trouble in 14 for my workflow (which mostly consists reading), many others have.

Then, out of nowhere Rick informed us (in yesterday’s deleted post) that he was leaving in two weeks; then within an hour or so, he said he was leaving in two days (his idea).

So, all some of us are saying is that events of the past two weeks, from the end of beta testing to today, are inexplicable without any sort of explanation from Accordance; and we wonder how such a substantial chain of events haven’t warranted a substantial response yet from Accordance.

I invested in a good product with top quality modules and the best customer service/care. I’m not as concerned about the financial side of my investment (partly because it isn’t even close to the tens of thousands others have invested), as with my investment in Accordance’s customer service, which always provided transparency with the utmost integrity.

No one is threatening or accusing Accordance. If anything, users are just continuing the tradition of speaking to Accordance owners and employees, for mutual benefit. I still think that most users, if not all, want to continue their partnership with Accordance. But if their customer care begins to fall precipitously below previous levels, then the partnership is put at risk. Customer care affects the financials, one way or the other. All some of us want, based on the past, is some transparency and clarity, whatever the facts are and wherever they lead. And we will respond in kind, with whatever Accordance needs. We want to help Accordance succeed.

Excellent, positive and wise counsel!

11 hours ago, Larry Wing said:

@Linda Perry Thank you for the video. It helped me be able to work with v14 when I get it installed.

With all due respect, in my opinion this post and link would have been better in a new forum topic referencing video training (?). Certainly not at a 6 page topic wanting a v14 recall and all the posts focused on v14 bugs and communication.

Video is great, but makes no sense why it’s buried and on a website that requires registration. Should be on YouTube or something.

• Like 2

The video is located at the site containing access to past webinars and such. This site is directly accessible from the Accordance Help menu under the Training section. Yes, I know the registration is annoying, but once used it does appear to auto-fill the information for future access. There are many helpful recordings in the webinar archives and they are nicely categorized.

There are other very helpful tools for training under that Help menu as well.

—Joseph

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Video is great, but makes no sense why it’s buried and on a website that requires registration. Should be on YouTube or something.

It probably will be eventually, but Rick Mansfield used to take care of that, and he’s leaving today. Linda used the tool she knows well to get something to users quickly, without making anxious users wait for a video to be edited and uploaded.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, jlm said:

It probably will be eventually, but Rick Mansfield used to take care of that, and he’s leaving today. Linda used the tool she knows well to get something to users quickly, without making anxious users wait for a video to be edited and uploaded.

Ah good points! Thanks

Just in case folks in this thread haven't seen them, there have over the last few days been some official replies to the concerns listed here, many of which I have had as well.  These responses have reassured me significantly.

From Silas, one of the programmers.  One key point: he became ill just as 14 release, slowing the ability to address bugs.  

From the "new" owner of Accordance.  (New in quotes because sale happened 2 years ago). One key point: release timing was in part related to pre-order sales [to my memory a first for Accordance], and SBL timing.

From David Lang, a long-time employee, offering some history and background.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

ALL of these responses have been encouraging and comforting. I am certainly on board in spite of previous concerns. Let's get er done!!

Bob