v14 appearance of contents of panes

Christopher Smith

Thank you for fixing the annoying bug that was in v13, where every resource I loaded had to be expressly set to "Honey" appearance (despite saying, "Yes, make this the default, please"). Once I set the User Notes, Text, and Tool Display themes to "Honey", anything I opened in the panes took on that theme (finally!! yippee!).

HOWEVER, now every time Accordance starts (or restarts after installing a module), all the panes revert to white font on dark grey (I'm set to Dark mode, and it "follows system" to stay in Dark mode). I have to go through the 3 Display panels of Preferences to change them from "Default" theme to "Honey" theme. Please fix this so the themes stick on what I set them to.

As I said, if I restart the application, the themes all go away. But also, if I save the session, close the (only) window, and then Open that session I just saved (without quitting Accordance), all the panes are back to "Default" theme, which for Dark mode is white font on dark grey. So I must reset all three to Honey.

Mine is red text on white background. No matter how many times I change it, it always go back to that ugly look.

My Notes is hyperlinked to MT-ETCBC even though I have changed it in Preferences and in the individual Pane settings. I want it set to NRSV. Is this a bug?

my colors don't stick either

Edited by Greg Terry

7 hours ago, Greg Terry said:

my colors don't stick either

Same for me.

And synching doesn’t work either.

yeah. this release is not quite ready. I have updated my Mac to Ventura and I suspected that might be the issue. Text to speech no longer works. Preferences for setting Hebrew and Greek voices are grayed out. The themes are scattered and random. Defaults for text and tools do not hold. Among other issues. There is sure to be an update soon.

I’m finding that when I hover over a chapter and verse in a commentary it’s shows in a foreign language in my instant detail box . I went to the settings to change it and it won’t stick.. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Steve Bishop said:

My Notes is hyperlinked to MT-ETCBC even though I have changed it in Preferences and in the individual Pane settings. I want it set to NRSV. Is this a bug?

This is a known and reported bug in the beta.

• Like 1

Gentlemen re dark Mode. Have you tried setting your colours and then saving as a workspace, and then open Accordance from your workspace.  Does it save your settings?

5 hours ago, Luckylou1980 said:

I’m finding that when I hover over a chapter and verse in a commentary it’s shows in a foreign language in my instant detail box . I went to the settings to change it and it won’t stick.. 

I'm having the same issue.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Meiklejohn said:

Gentlemen re dark Mode. Have you tried setting your colours and then saving as a workspace, and then open Accordance from your workspace.  Does it save your settings?

it works until you make a change to the workspace, like adding a new tab

Thus far I haven’t changed my background to my overall preference which is dark mode, but I have changed the color on bible text ect.. It still didn’t solve the issue in the instant detail.

I have been playing around with this.  Here are few tips that appeared to resolve the text changing colour.  (at least for me, for the moment).

1. When you change module font remember to click default.

2. Try changing prefs / text display.  

3. Save your settings as a new workspace.

I hope this helps.