How to clear the search field on an iPad?

Lawrence

First, apologies for asking this question as it's really basic and I'm sure the answer is available somewhere. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it via either a google search or a forum search.

1. Open a Bible using the iPad Accordance app.

2. Click the magnifying glass icon and type a word to search through the Bible (e.g. instruct).

3. Finish looking at the search results and move on to open an unrelated passage using the book-chapter-verse selector. The search (on instruct) is still active.

4. Go back to the search box and either select+delete the search string, or press the 'x' on the right of the search box.

5. Go back to step 3. The search (on instruct) is still active.

I can keep cycling between steps 3 and 4 but can't clear the search fully.

There is a workaround (change to a passage search and type Gen-Rev), but this is clunky.

Question: how do I clear the search box?

No apology needed Lawrence, the forum is here for just such a question. 

i hope this is what you are looking for as you didnt mention trying this. 
click in the text so you have the 'tool' bar and click on the glasses  (or bit like infinity or no 8 on its side) icon in the top left and you should be out of search and back where you started. 

6F58D9BB-D49E-46C3-8A58-9E5000CFE298.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lawrence, As an aside, you mentioned searching the forum and google, on the accordance main site, under support there are some help files with their own search field. But the forum is a good place provided you can wait for someone to respond!

;o) 

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Mobile2/Content/Topics/01_Welcome-About/welcome.htm

55DB6D3B-9AC9-4232-9036-CEFD15F583BD.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @ukfraser! Glasses, eh? I need a new pair of 'em. :)

Edited by Lawrence
  • Haha 1