Automatically link Source Document on PDF imports

miketisdell

Currently, the PDF imports are frequently poor and difficult to read; however having the ability of searching the PDF's makes it worth doing the import. Because of the problems with the quality of the imports, I have been modifying the created user tools and adding the following line at the top of the PDF imported user tool:

Source: [file link]

This allows me to click the link to read the original PDF when I find something through "Research"; 

It would be nice to have Accordance automatically include a link to the original source PDF (especially since so may do not import correctly). Having an automatically embedded link would also allow adding a feature to re-import PDF's when a new version improves the import of PDF's 

Also, if the document had an imbedded link to the source PDF then a future release good allow for a toggle between displaying the source PDF or the Imported User tool. Because the import already includes page number references, this would allow the tool to display the correct page of an imported PDF. 

This functionality would be a huge improvement to the PDF imports. 

• Like 1